FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 10:17:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Engine Bay Diamentions for 1UZ-FE  (Read 4662 times)
perth_fe_ute

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2007, 10:56:21 PM »

Hello I am wanting to find out what the diamentions are of the engine bay as I am looking into fitting a Toyota V8.
Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 11:42:35 AM »

i think if you can fit the length of a red motor and the width of a 350 chev or 308 its a safe bet that a 1uz will fit just fine... the question is where are the twin turbos and intercooler going to go Grin Grin Grin

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
perth_fe_ute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:47:58 AM »

hehehe I wish!! Will need to move more funds into the secret fund (from the wife). Will be home this weekend to check measurements but have found the Toyota V8 to be roughly 70x70cms and do not want the trouble of cutting gaurds and moving the firewall. Has anyone done this conversion?
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 03:07:02 PM »

this would be a cool swap.

I think on the ozrodders site there are some dimensions.

also check out the 1UZFE site.
http://www.lextreme.com/forums

i think you need to change the sump and that looks fairly involved or expensive if you buy a "conversion" type set up from one of the conversion shops.

Also engine mounts require some crafty thought.. I think there is an EH with a 1UZFE on the lextreme site and he made some motor mounts to adapt Holden engine mounts.. as I said.. crafty!

The donor of choice appears to be a front cut Crown and you can mate up your gearbox of choice.  If you use the std gearbox then you will need to ECU's one for motor and one for engine.  I gleaned all this info from the net and reading other peoples write ups on conversions in the hope to do it myself one day.

apparently the motors are very wide too..

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
perth_fe_ute

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 05:56:18 PM »

Yes they are very wide. The rode shop said they can mod the hr cross member, make engine mounts to fit and the custom sump to fit also. Then all I need is a sourer half cut as the sump needs to be rear facing and then a supra 5 speed. Guess it is going to cost around 7k at the end of the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: