FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:00:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 13 inch portawalls  (Read 3250 times)
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2007, 10:25:53 PM »

Hi all
Have searched "portawalls" on the forum and came up with a thread from back in 2005. Apparently 13" portawalls where pretty thin on the ground back then.
 Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Did yas end up importing a few sets between you's from USA???
what was the end the saga???

I am aware of all the pros and cons about portawalls chewing the sidewalls on radials etc but i reckon they are OK providing you arent running a tyre that is too wide for the rim.
I ran 50mm wide atlas portawalls ( johns rod and custom shop... from memory around $126.00) on 14"x7" speedy rims with 215 /65/14 radials on my EK ute and never had an ounce of trouble with them.

Was considering running HK/HT/ or HG 14" X 6" rims on the van. They are available new from ROH for $55 ea. so are 14" X 5".

If 13" portawalls are still not available i will consider ordering the 14" rims and chase 14" portawalls.. moon discs etc.
Dont like the narrow whitewalls that are available from Sumimto and Maxxis etc but they are available for $350 for a set of 4 - 14" x 185..195.. 205 /75s
which is cheap as. Cheesy

Reddo
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:25:53 AM »

Hey Reddo,

tell us more about the 14inch whitewalls you found??

id love to run whitewalls but i run "unusual" tyre sizes for whitewalls.

185/50/14 and 225/60/14

i've considered getting them etched but also heard bad things about etching the tyre.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:47:26 PM »

I have bought the  cheap narrow band whitwalls in both 14'' and 15'' and they are all 75 series and to tall for an FC the 15'' were nearly 27'' tall think they are made for big yank tanks, pickups etc.  If you price the low profile ones in 50 and 60 series get ready for the $300 +each price tag  FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
TAYZ
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »

Only 2 sets were bought back to Australia from mooneyes in USA by FEHOTROD.  Antique tyre supplies sell em. I have bought 2 sets now from californiaspeedsupplies.com.au  they are great to deal with but Im not sure if they have any left.  Reddo they will be at the bendigo swap meet this saturday so i will ask em for you.  They are from QLD.  They are roughly 125 bucks a set.  last set i bought were 2.5inch walls compared to the 1.75 ones
reddo

its gottab holden -  ok!!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 12:30:56 PM »

Yo

Just got off the dog and bone to california speed supplies. They have had 13" portawalls on order from Pakistan ( of all places) for the past 6 months. They are expecting confirmation of a delivery date over the next few days... could be another 6 months before they are landed here in OZ Cry Undecided.
Cost $125.00 for a set of 4.

So.....
I rang Antique tyre supplies at ingleburn .
Yep got 13s in stock @ $135 a set. Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin are 1 3/4" wide (1.75)
Its a done deal they will be in the mail today.
I won a set of 13" moon caps on ebay last night for $76. They are also paid for and should be here by mid next week.

Isnt the plastic card and direct deposit a wanderfull thing. Tongue Cool

Couple the flappers and discs up with Als $200 torana wheel and tyres bargain and hopefully they will all stuff in under the van on each corner after i lower it a couple of inches..... might be wishfull thinking with &" rims but hopefully they will have the right offset. will find out tomorrow at Als.

Oh bye the way. The el cheapo maxxis and sumimoto  14" tyres are on offer on a new "Holden parts only" ebay type site. From memory they are all 75 series. Undecided
try this link
http://www.holdencarparts.com.au/

if that dont work just google search "holdencarparts"

Reddo
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: