FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:53:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 423339 times)
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: April 09, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »

Im green also Jamie.
Awesome stuff mate.

1959 Black Std sedan
Neil1958

Located Bahrs Scrub, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 08, 2010, 09:50:57 PM »

67 hour week??  sounds like more money for RUDD and some more for the FC Cool Cool  looking real good jamie.  I bloody gave away a set of nos sills a few years ago, Im trying to get them back, hopefully I will.  Your work looks like its going real well, keep it up!!!!!
                                                                                                      Paul

Jamie,

Where did you get the sills from? I got some from RS but they do not have the end sections or the cutouts like yours...

Neil
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 10, 2010, 08:38:32 PM »

Hey Neil,mine also came from Rare Spares and I rang them tonight about some other parts so I asked them and they said they still make them with the ends on them.Sounds a bit dodgy to me seeing as how others are making them without the ends.How much were they roughly?The Rares ones are about $160 and the others from Craig Vane are a lot cheaper.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 11, 2010, 11:54:09 AM »

How is it that no one in this great country of ours can repro quality components the sills are rubbish floor pans are rubbish special badges ect the sills from Queensland are pretty good but without the ends for some people is a real problem.
The yanks have in down pat you can buy a whole camero or A model for ect why cant we do it??
Maybe their is not a big enough market who knows.

pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 11, 2010, 12:17:58 PM »

I'd say that the problem so far has been that old Holdens haven't been worth that much, up until a couple of years ago you could still buy a project for around $500 and one on the road and registered for a couple of grand, now that the prices have gone up things will probably change though, in America they are now remaking full shells for a lot of the old cars the bloke next door to us is buying a rusty Mustang here and importing a complete shell from yankeeland then just swapping all the parts over, wouldn't it be wicked to be able to just order a new FE/FC shell Cool Cool.
                   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 11, 2010, 12:59:08 PM »

How is it that no one in this great country of ours can repro quality components

Some already do.

Aussie Muscle Car Parts

XU1 Parts

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: May 11, 2010, 04:06:22 PM »

I'd say that the problem so far has been that old Holdens haven't been worth that much, up until a couple of years ago you could still buy a project for around $500 and one on the road and registered for a couple of grand, now that the prices have gone up things will probably change though, in America they are now remaking full shells for a lot of the old cars the bloke next door to us is buying a rusty Mustang here and importing a complete shell from yankeeland then just swapping all the parts over, wouldn't it be wicked to be able to just order a new FE/FC shell Cool Cool.
                   Pedro
HT Monaro ,XU1,  XY falcon are all on the drawing board Comaro Mustang etc etc already in production all being stamped in China .....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #247 on: May 11, 2010, 06:01:57 PM »

well there you go good to see.

Ill have my shell with reccessed firewall 4 link brackets and  502 mounts thanks.

would be nice.

GMVAN

GGGGRRRRRRRRRR cof cof

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: May 11, 2010, 09:42:45 PM »

Well done jamie watching your build is giving me some great hinters at my Van build not as good as yours but I will be happy just to get mine finished. Don't worry about all the photo's of things that don't look important to you they are for us on this side of the forum. steve

:(If at first you don't suceed give up & have a beer;)
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 12, 2010, 10:25:01 PM »

Thanks Steve,I'll be glad to get mine finished too.All Painted now except for the front guards which I picked up from the sand blasters tonight (got a bit sidetracked with the rest of the car).Going to start on the Fall red highlights inside this weekend hopefully then all the doors can go back on as I wait for the Acrylic to dry properly before cut and buff.More pictures soon.Cheers,Jamie.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 16, 2010, 09:47:30 PM »

Got some more done this weekend.While I'm waiting for the final coats to dry properly I decided to get the Fall red inserts done and will get the red done on the doors soon so they can go back on the car although I should really do the rubbers before they go on.I'm in a bit of a spot because cash is short at the moment and the rubber kit is almost $2000 so I might put em on them take them off again down the track.Don't be too critical of the paint on the body,I'm yet to find out if it will cut and buff up ok and I am a little concerned about the roof as it has a few dry spots and I've never painted a full car before with clear mixed in so I don't know what to expect.Got my guards blasted during the week and as you can see they need a bit of work.I figure I've repaired a lot worse rust than this so should be ok...

Guards blasted and now in primer...

Red looks more correct in this photo...

Had a bit of trouble with the spray dust hanging around so I fixed it.Works a treat..More soon,Jamie.

NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 16, 2010, 10:20:07 PM »

looking really good Jamie.  Don't be too hard on yourself - you've done some amazing things with your car and you should be very proud of your achievements.  Smiley   

NosFEratu
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 16, 2010, 10:48:44 PM »

Lookin great Jamie, just noticed in those pics your dome light door switch button opening, looks like an FB type, was your car a late 59 ?

Cheers Gary
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: May 16, 2010, 10:51:53 PM »

Thanks Gary,yes it is late 59.Also has the embossed seats which was only late 59 I believe.

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 17, 2010, 09:47:33 AM »

Keep up the great work Jamie!
love the exhaust fan in the shed too
Cheers

Ed

in the shed
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: May 17, 2010, 02:10:27 PM »

Looking good Jamie, don't worry about the dry spots that's the beauty of painting with acrylic, you can give it a rub down with some 1200 wet and dry before you buff it to flatten the paint and remove any rough spots.
           Pedro

F4+
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2010, 05:01:24 PM »

Well it looks like I was worrying over nothing and it also looks like all my hard work is starting to pay off.Started cutting and buffing the body this weekend and with still lots of hand buffing and glazing to go (only the initial buff done so far) the signs are looking promising.Also managed to get some of the red on the insides of the doors.

More soon.Cheers,Jamie.

Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2010, 08:48:42 PM »

jeez get the sunglasses Cool Cool Cool out that is one very shiny car well done  Grin Grin

Cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2010, 09:07:44 AM »

Stunning Jamie,

terrific job mate.

Cheers

Ed
 Cool

in the shed
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2010, 12:37:12 PM »

Good one Jamie, that black looks awesome Cool Cool.
               Pedro

F4+
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: