FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:22:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: It has begun,but will it continue...?  (Read 423300 times)
FCV08

Model: FC

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2009, 10:29:17 PM »

Jamie

Great work!

Might send my doors through for a bit of a tidy up.

What's the address?

Cheers

Craig

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2009, 09:59:20 PM »

Hi all.Finally started to get some colour on a few panels over the weekend.Amazing how long it can take just to do these few bits and pieces depending on how good you want the finish.Will be a couple weeks before I get any more done as I have entered Gazzanats this weekend with my Commy which should be a blast.

More soon,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 13, 2009, 10:06:26 PM »

Jamie,

Well done, you must be happy to see the colour going on instead of all the rust coming off, what a turn around. One more step closer to Orange!

Keep up the great work.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 13, 2009, 11:15:09 PM »

Is black a colour???  Tongue Tongue

Looking good mate...

JB

Phone +64 223509263
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2009, 07:19:05 AM »

MMM-shiny, how do you manage to keep your shed so clean Jamie Shocked, mine looks like there's been a snowstorm in there after all the sanding.
                      Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 19, 2009, 08:58:31 PM »

Well.I've just realised I missed the second anniversary of the Black FC rebuild and unfortunately progress pictures are few and far between.I have been constantly working on the car but this panel work is killing me.I have been told I'm getting too fussy by a few friends (one's a panel beater/spray painter by trade) but I just want to get the best job I can for the least amount of money.I have been working on the boot lid recently and after wet rubbing it back I decided it wasn't good enough so I refilled it,re Hi filled it then rubbed it back again.It now has it's first few coats of black on it and is rubbed back again to achieve a flatter finish.I am really learning a lot as I go.I sold a bit of stuff on ebay that I had lying around which allowed me to buy a decent gravity spray gun.I figured I would buy the best I could afford that way I can't blame the equipment for a shit job.  Grin This gun is a cracker and is a very high quality unit.The first few coats I have applied were done when it was too hot and I now realise this and have learned that one.It doesn't help that the last two weeks have been 35 to 43 degrees here!The other thing I am struggling with is the panel fit.I didn't take much notice when I pulled it apart but strangely enough,the only door that fits real well is the non original one!I can't even blame it on any of the work I've done. Huh Anyway,as soon as I have updates I will be sure to add them.Sometimes it gets me down that I have taken so long to do what I have,then I remember the beautiful little boy who just had his first birthday a couple weekends ago I remember why I don't have the time I used to have anymore.But I have him...enough of that,more updates soon.

I had this Prefect grille lying around and thought about making up some story of how I have changed my mind and am now going to build a mild custom.Decided against it but seriously,has anyone done this?It is such a close fit...

My new spray gun,Iwata W-400...

First few coats of black.

HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 20, 2009, 01:12:22 AM »

iam not sure i like that grille but its not my car. so what makes you happy i do like the spray gun and the boot lid  Grin
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2009, 06:44:52 AM »

Jamie,

My father had Prefects for many years, never once did we even look to see if a grille from a 100E prefect would fit the FC. I am astounded it is so close.

Simply amazing

Are you sure that it is not a grille from a Mk1 Ford Consul. They would be closer in size than a Prefect.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 20, 2009, 07:17:45 PM »

Hamfist,no need to worry.I won't be putting this grille in,it was just a bit of a joke.Keith,I thought it said Prefect on the car we took it out of but I could be very wrong.We just couldn't leave it behind as it is in excellent condition and is stainless steel.Has been hanging up in the shed for a few years and I needed to move it to put up an old enamel sign.Thanks for the comments though.More soon.

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 07, 2010, 10:01:08 PM »

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm not dead!I have been still working on the FC albeit steadily as we are in our busiest time at work,10/6's.This paint prep is killing me and I have painted almost all of the hanging panels now and have been blocking back the body over the last two days.Seriously I have done so much rubbing I'm almost blind!The biggest problem is that I didn't put enough Hifill on the roof which was badly pitted this meant that when I rubbed it back,I was left with a lot of pits.So I re-Hifilled and after spending all day blocking it back,I still have a couple of nasty pits right in the middle.I now have a special type of spot putty (not the cheap stuff) to fill these last few marks then I will re-Hifill again.I decided to put the steering column in so that I could move it in and out of the shed and to do that I needed to paint the dash.The colour match on the Cinder grey is actually a lot better than it looks in the photos and is quite flat also.Am just about to start shift cover soon which is afternoon shift which hopefully means more time during the day to work on the car (if I can get out of bed at a reasonable time)More photos soon.Cheers,Jamie.

Dash all painted

Column in

She's a roller again!

One of the doors.

Bonnet.I'm learning a lot about painting...Normally by trial and error...more error than trial at this stage

Body after being blocked back..

mmm shiny.I'm reasonably impressed by how straight this turned out.More soon,Jamie.

Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: February 07, 2010, 10:13:28 PM »

Jamie, you must be really proud of what you have achieved , that paint is awesome! That there is SATISFACTION.
Gary C
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 07, 2010, 10:26:03 PM »

Hey Jamie
Nice work on the paint.
How soon before you're done.....I want to drop mine off!!
Regards
Alex

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 07, 2010, 10:35:26 PM »

Hehehe...will be enjoying this one for a while before I start on the next one....And I still have so far to go!Thanks for the comments though.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2010, 12:21:06 AM »

Just thought I'd let you all know I'm not dead!

I was begining to wonder   Undecided  The panels look great and the paint is good too, even if it is shiny  Tongue

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2010, 12:32:02 AM »

Looking good. Is it a trick of the photo or is there something marking the boot lid by the lock?

P.
 Cool

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
HAMFIST

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: February 08, 2010, 12:59:46 AM »

looks awesome Grin now when can you do mine Tongue lol!!!
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 08, 2010, 09:02:44 AM »

great work Jamie!

very straight, all those hours blocking back certainly show now.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 08, 2010, 10:47:47 AM »

Jamie,

The work that you have done is absolutley fantastic, it looks great, The paint looks as if it is 10 feet deep, Your preparation certainly shows in the finished result on the panels. I can't wait to see it all finished

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 08, 2010, 02:10:49 PM »

Very impressive Jamie, the black looks awesome Cool Cool Cool
              Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #219 on: February 08, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

Looks great Jamie, doing well.
Go on fit the grille (you know you want to Grin).

Dean.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: