FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 23, 2024, 02:26:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: have a close look  (Read 5471 times)
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:23:16 PM »

had to look twice but i don't think this guy know what he has Huh
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Holden-FC-FE-Dash-Cluster-Instrument-Panel_W0QQitemZ260176409517QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32058QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Cheers damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
mikey

Werribee

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:26:19 PM »

If the seller doesn't know do you reckon he is going WTF why is it going for so much? I think they will be most happy.

Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail us now!
Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 10:46:00 PM »

The price started at 99 cents so either he was wishing it was going to go high or he just wanted to get rid of it wich ever way it is going to go a lot higher than that by the end of the auction

Cheers damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2007, 11:00:56 PM »

The starting price was actually $20.
I was hoping it might go unnoticed, but it would seem a few bidders have spotted that it is more than just an old dash. As you say, which ever way, it will go higher, especially now that every member and visitor to this site will potentially have been made aware it is out there.
Regards
Alex

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2007, 11:28:09 PM »

It is hard to get a bargain of ebay even when you think no one has spotted an item they usually have  My brother has a brand new gauge in the box that he bought from Series Replacements at Lidcombe 20 odd years ago for $20 hope he is not watching  I will never get it out of him FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 11:56:19 AM »

Are you sure it's not the low mileage that makes it so valuable ?  Roll Eyes

I'll echo Alex's comment and be even more blunt. I don't believe linking to Ebay auctions you find is in the best interests of anyone. (By the way Damo, this is not directed at you personally, but at everyone who links to Ebay auctions where they aren't the seller.)  There's a lot of moaning about how Ebay has driven the prices of stuff up, but this is partly to blame.

The purpose of this board was to allow people to provide links to their own auctions, so that forum members can advertise their listings to fellow enthusiasts - a benefit of forum membership. Over the years, it seems to have become more of a "look what I found" board. And the only people benefiting from that are the sellers.

I don't mind the ridiculous price links, they're often good for a laugh. But I've had many people tell me over the years that they'd been watching some hidden gem until a well-meaning forum member broadcast its existence here. And now that bidders are anonymous, you're more likely to be cutting a fellow member's grass. Just something to think about.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 02:44:06 PM »

Don't think it's the low mileage that is driving this one as most of us know it is a simple job to zero the spedo or put as many miles as you like on it, under an hours work and how could you be sure it has not been around at least once.        FC427

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 05:26:01 PM »

Geez give me a little credit, Mark. That was a joke... Roll Eyes

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
paddyfc58

I wanna go fast

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2007, 06:03:56 PM »

was hopin all the older generation didnt have to good an eye. was watchin but when i came back and saw price the cat was out of the bag. i agree with ret unless your the seller, but damo didnt post till the price was high, i wasnt goin to say sh#t.

take it easy everyone

paddy
TAYZ
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2007, 11:53:55 PM »

Ita an auction and with the way things are nothing will slip through.  Im sure there are a lot of blokes out there who look throuigh every item on ebay.  Maybe once upon a time you would get a bargain but not now.  This site is great but it also could be the reason prices have driven up also but like most of us if it wasnt for this site our interest in these old cars may not happen.  This stuff was not rare awhile back but now it is and in 5 years will be even more.  Some blokes will buy stuff just to jaw off that they have it and its worth "big bucks" but will not use it for what it is intended.  I have met someone who was raving on how they had a certain item (5 of) which was NOS but refused to sell any but also did not use it, was like they just wanted people to know that they had it.  (Wankers in my book)
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2007, 12:59:09 AM »

Ret Yeah me to I was just seeing if you or any one else would bite or not?? and the rest is history    Cheers FC427

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 03:18:27 AM »

I have bought stuff from this seller before. Seems to have a lot of stuff for fe-fc's. I tend to look over the auctions every few days.

The bargains to be had are usually listed in wrong categories - meaning you have to fall across them or do a word type search to find them. Just searching by category will not work.

My 2 cents.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: