FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 11:53:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nev's new mate  (Read 5354 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: July 11, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »

Hi all.

Here are some photos of our latest acquisition. Its an early 1956 model, the body was built in Adelaide and the car assembled in Melbourne, before body production started there. It was first registered on 18 September 1956, in Bendigo Victoria. The car had 29,400 miles on it when I purchased it. It was restored some years ago and restored, although all of the interior trim is original.

It was my first real drive of the car, after replacing all the hydraulics and a few other things, as the car has seen little use recently. It ticked over 30,000 miles on the trip and performed faultlessly.

The photos were taken on the Sydney Club's recent run to Canowindra to see Charlie McCarron's collection of early Holdens including 48-215, No 46.

My uncle's first car was a single tone Elk Blue FE, registered BEZ 566 (NSW). As I had to change plates on the new car, it seemed appropriate to order these for the new car.

I've done a fair bit of work to my EJ since purchase a couple of years ago, here's a recent photo.

Now I just have to finish Nev....

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
craiga
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 12:56:33 AM »

NICE car John.

Looks like a sister car to Graham Fullers.

Are you planning on adding more accessories? Wink

Wasn't this car a previous Nats trophy winner in a previous owners hands?

Possibly someone can post some earlier pictures of it and give some further history on the car.

Cheers,

Craig.
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 04:15:45 AM »

Two very tidy looking cars John, I've seen the EJ (I like EJ's) and look forward to seeing the FE.
Gary
craiga
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 04:56:31 AM »

Tidy cars alright Gary - I love EJ's as well. IMHO they're so much more attractive than the EH which looks plain in comparison and was only so successful because of the introduction of the red motor.

The interior in John's car is amazingly original and perfect. (post a picture John)

Because of the extensive embossing on this model it would be almost impossible to replicate so an EJ with such a good interior is like a piece of gold.

John is certainly building a stable of high quality and desirable early Holdens.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 05:11:55 AM »

From memory Dan Power saw it whilst at the Bendigo Nats and restored it for the next Nats where it won a trophy for maybe best stock FE?
Original Vic rego number was GNP 745

Ken
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 08:10:55 AM »

Ken,

I thought of putting the original numbers on the car, I could have ordered them here in black and white, but it costs $160 pa to rent them and I figured that no one in NSW would know what they meant.

So I went for the plates on the car...

John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:42:13 AM »

I looked up the results. 1995 Canberra Nats

FE stock - passenger class

1st Dan Power - FE sedan
2nd John Wanner - FE wagon

Grand champion

Des Gillett - FE ute
runner up Dan Power - FE sedan

It was a top car from my memory
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 10:15:11 AM »

Looking good John....!

I'm glad to hear he went well on the trip to Canowindra..... Unfortunately missed the run, but I look forward to seeing more pics!!

Cheers
Les...

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 03:50:00 AM »

Here is a shot of the interior as it was at the 95 nats

Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 03:53:52 AM »

The reason I took the picture was the very rare plastic seat surrounds which came out in 1956 only. They were in very good condition.

Ken
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2007, 10:26:17 AM »

wow ken i have two off those ,one is in my 217 FE ,and in a another FE . cheers AlfioM
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007, 09:40:42 PM »

You are lucky to have 2 sets, whilst they were in all the 1956 cars, time has seen not many 1956 cars left because of their structural weakness and many of the seat surrounds on the cars that are left have been broken over the years.

I don't recall ever seeing a NOS set of these ever.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: