FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 01:26:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Ute Body sandblasting  (Read 2485 times)
fulls

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 25, 2007, 09:58:53 PM »

Hi just enquiring after a location around Sydney that I can get our FC Ute Shell sandblasted for a reasonable price.
Kind Regards
Trev F
M:0408 449981
craiga
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 10:43:36 PM »

Don't get it sandblasted, try soda blasting. Much less aggressive but great results.

See here: http://www.hgsmash.com.au/SodaBlasting.html

Cheers,

Craig.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007, 09:06:11 AM »

I think a better alternative is REDI STRIP in black town I have been using them for about 10 years and the finish is great and is much kinder than any type of blasting which ever medium is used and it gets the rust out from everywhere not just what you can see like blasting give them a call for a quote before you blast Mark Huh

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
craiga
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 09:47:51 AM »

I've also used Redistrip - but only for a set of rims which came out well. Mark's an experienced car builder so you can trust his advice but personally I reckon the worry with chemical stripping in a bath is that it strips paint from areas that you can never put it back. Sand/Soda blasting probably does this as well, but not to the extent that a chemical bath would.

Sand blasting can distort panels, soda blasting is kinder but possibly still carries this risk, chemical baths strip EVERYTHING. Each choice has an upside and a downside.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2007, 09:49:59 AM by craiga » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: