FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 02:51:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: THE HARD ROAD  (Read 34958 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2010, 04:43:47 PM »

They all nag, but hey thats thier job.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2010, 07:50:26 PM »

They all nag, but hey thats thier job.

Cheers Jim

Nagging...... reminds me of my wife..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

I was driving to pick the kids up from daycare some time back, when the radio announcer on the station that I was listening to asked "If you were going to get a tattoo, what would you get and why?" I had just been given a serve from the Minister for War and Peace and was fuming, so my answer was easy. Straight onto the phone, rang the radio station, spoke to the announcer.

I said that if I got a tattoo, I would get one on my upper arm with three horses looking over a stable door, to remind me of my wife.

The announce replied, "How would that remind you of your wife?"

I said that I would point to each horse and say "Nag, Nag Nag"

The announcer thought that it was funny. After I got home I thought no more of it, until we were sitting down to dinner when the phone rang, it was the radio station, wanting to talk to me, as I had won a prize.

Think I was in the bad books after I explained what the prize was for, and how I had won it.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 06, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »

Hello again everyone,

Well I can report I am slowly starting to get things moving again with my project.  I have moved house and the car has found it's way to my farther in laws workshop where I have access to welding equip, compressed air, a pit and lots of other goodies!  Look forward to showing you some of my progress in the coming months.

In the mean time I have been doing a bit more digging into the history of my car and was surprised to find that it was actually exported to Lae in Papua New Guinnea in late 1977.  At that time the car was still owned by the first owner I have been able to identify (not sure if he owned it from new???):  Robert Martin of Margate QLD.  The car changed hands a few times while in PNG and was eventually sent back to Australia in 1992.

Does anyone else have stories OR even own a car that has been or lived overseas?  Apart from Paul in Ireland of course!!!

MICK
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 11:13:23 AM »

Mick,

That is incredible to find out that the car has been sent overseas, AND been sent back to Australia. How unusual. I love hearing the interesting stories behind some of the cars. It just a pity that they couldn't tell you their story themsleves.

I hope that you are able to find out more about your car.

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 11:25:07 AM »

I also know it was used in PNG as a company car for Hastings Deering in 1977 - 1979 (old for a company car), I found this out from a few "Infringement Notices" that were in the glovebox.

The thing I find most amasing, was that I actually lived in PNG for 3 years during the time the car was there AND the bloke I believe to be the original owner lived (in the early 70s) about 5 minutes drive from where I work now!

IT WAS MEANT TO BE!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: