FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 11:31:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 3.25 Diff question  (Read 2225 times)
ASUS

FC Fun

View Profile WWW
« on: May 06, 2007, 05:55:10 AM »

Hi,

I'm looking to find out what difference a 3.25 diff will do to my FC.  I'm told its out of a Salsbury so I guess the first thing is will it fit and second is what difference will it make.  What sort of $$ would you pay for one of these.

The next question is I've seen some things about VB VC diffs but how about  VL

Any clues.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 06:00:48 AM by ASUS » Logged
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 03:00:44 AM »

Salisbury diff will not fit in FC or HR housing but the ratio is a good selection.  Better to get a 3.36:1 ratio diff from a HR, HK, HT, HG or Torana which will fit into the FC/HR housing.
If you have a higher performance motor and want to get away from the banjo style diff altogether then the VL V8 onwards diff is the one to get as they are stronger than the earlier Commodore diffs.  Any Commodore diff is not a simple task to put in an FC as it has to have new spring mounts added and it has to be shortened.  No job for the amateur!
Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: