FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 09:40:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc van  (Read 3601 times)
klippo_fc

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2007, 07:46:54 AM »

lookin to put v6 motor and auto box  in  my van  just like to know  how hard it is to do
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 09:41:27 AM »

There's been plenty of discussion here on that topic over the years.  Have a look through the Modification Help board.

Some other research well worth looking into can be found at Castlemaine Rod Shop and Pat Gardiner's V6 Conversions.

A look at the bits and pieces those guys sell should give you an idea of the sort of work you'll need to do (and what you'll have to spend).

A call to a local engineer would be recommended as well.  They can tell you what's legal and what's required in your state.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 07:37:23 PM »

Just like this one... About 3 years and 30k.

What do you need to know?

Jason.  Grin

Phone +64 223509263
klippo_fc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:43:32 AM »

that ones is what i was planin to do to this one  what front end  did you use   complate commodore wirein  steerin  did u use thanks nice van that one
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 08:14:15 AM »

Hey klippo,

I have got a HR front end, with rack and pinion steering on it. However I would steer away...(not a bad pun) from the Hadfield front as I have used as it is rubbish.
I am just about to change to a Rods Racks set up on the front to give me a proper turning circle and no scrubbing on my tyres. The last set of tyres have just made it to 15k and through to canvas, with that I can't even turn around a close without a 3 point turn.

I am planning on doing a ute at the moment and am going to go the VT Commodore way again, that is but a complete wreck and use as much as i can on it. This will give you a wiring harness, seats, column etc.

This option is by far the cheapest and easiest way to get the bulk of the parts you need, and for only about 2k you can get one from auction.

As has also been suggested have a look at a previous thread about a commodore rear end done by the McDonald bros in melb, I am seriously thinking this is the way to go.

It's only the start but if you are serious and have the funds then this will give you a reliable car. Mine has just clicked over 50,000km's in 3 years and has been fun to drive, but I still think that the build and sourcing of the parts you need is just as much fun.

This is probably why I am looking at doing it all again.

Cheers
Jason. Grin

Phone +64 223509263
klippo_fc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 09:41:03 AM »

hi  jason im serious goin to put 20k into this fc van i was thinkin of uesin all vt   just mite put the dash in to  thanks for your help  nice to get some info on the way to go about it
Cheers col Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: