FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:31:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: drop spindles  (Read 5170 times)
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« on: March 03, 2007, 07:26:01 AM »

Hi, i'm considering fitting drop spindals to my front end and wondered if anyone could give me some advice either good or bad as to how a car handles or any other effects they may have. I' m still a bit concerned about how much they change the geometry around! Anyone have some they would like to sell?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 07:32:45 AM by stinky » Logged
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 07:31:50 AM »

A few people here including me have them fitted.
You just need to make sure you fit up the correct disc/wheel combo.
I am moving to a LH Torana disc with a 14" wheel 195/60 tyre.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 09:08:44 AM »

Geometry is OK and you should not notice any great difference except for height.  Biggest problem is they drop the front end nearly 3 inches lower to the road and the lower wishbone is quite close to the ground with 13 inch wheels.  14 inch wheels hepl overcome this problem

Ken
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 12:47:44 AM »

Thanks for the advice fellas. Just one other question if i do use the torana disc's doesn't that make your track slightly wider and if so is there any other way of keeping the track the same as original? thanks again
minifcvan
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 12:59:42 PM »

Hi,
   Cant you put a set of ht spindles on and dont they drop it by 1 1/2 inches??...cheers mark.... Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh  Huh
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 01:01:08 PM by minifcvan » Logged
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 11:30:06 AM »

Hi Mark thanks for the tip i'll check it out as three inches is a tad to much anyway.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »

HT spindles drop about 1 inch and only allow HT or later brakes which push the track out about 3/4 inch per side. Fitting P76 rotors will pull the track back in so the nett out is only minor. Dropped spindles allow fitting of standard HR disc brakes and LC/LJ brakes which keep stock wheel track and also LH to UC brakes which also move track out the same as HT brakes.  P76 rotors can be fitted to the dropped spindles but can't be fitted to stock HR axles.
P76 rotors are an expensive option depending on stud pattern required.  Cheapest option is Ford stud pattern as this is what P76 has stock.  The fitting kit for the P76 rotors costs about $200 as well.
Hope this helps
Regards  Ken

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: