FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 22, 2024, 03:13:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Old Car Show pics  (Read 7281 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: February 25, 2007, 12:14:55 PM »

Inspired by the pics Alex has posted lately, I pulled the digit out and scanned some pics from an old mates photo album. Don't ask me any details though.

Some of the photos must have been stuffed up in processing as they are reversed.

The yellow FE "GASAXE" is still in SA with the original owner, or at it was a couple of years ago. It made a guest appearance at the Street Machine Assoc of SA 25th Show and Shine -

Hmmmm, a V8 conversion and single circuit unboosted brakes. Ahhh, the good old days  Grin

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 12:38:38 PM »

Isnt that the FE from the movie "return home"

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 01:01:08 PM »

Stinky
Thanks for the great photos, another blast from the past.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
minifcvan
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 11:12:50 PM »

love that hearse Grin Grin Grin
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 10:28:33 AM »

Some nice pics there. Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.
I like that burgundy FC from WA. Haven't seen that 1 before.
Gary Carr's chopped FE always looks cool. Personally I liked it better without the full moon caps.
I have lots of pics of that blown ute, and some of the hearse also. Have not seen the LHD  Grin red FE though.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:30:21 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 12:05:37 PM »

Gary Carr's GASAXE was at the "Rock 'n' Roll Rendezvous" today, it's actually in very good condition for an old build.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 02:19:12 AM »

Great pics, Glenn.  Thanks for sharing 'em.

That hearse appeared at the 2nd FE-FC Holden Nationals in 1989 at Wagga Wagga, and hasn't been seen at a Nats since.

The owner made himself the stuff of legend by proudly flopping his Prince Albert out before all and sundry during the BBQ at the caravan park... Shocked

Memories, eh?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 03:14:02 AM »

Nice pics Stinky… amongst those pics there is a metallic brown ute with a blown 6.  That was the car that made me want an FE or FC.  It was in SM mag, and the feature was titled “HOT DAWG” from memory (around 1988 or thereabouts), it had a “custom” console under the speaker grille which extended to the floor and it was full of gauges.
Dunno who owned it I don’t have the mag any longer. I remember reading the article over and over, I was still too young to have a license at the time.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
trevmc62

FC =fun car

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 04:15:22 AM »

if you check out the red brick sedan its not a LHD read the number plate its backward so picture is a reversal of negative

T junctions you get there with the better half navigating and the missus says "Turn left right here" ?!.....bugger!
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 04:20:49 AM »

if you check out the red brick sedan its not a LHD read the number plate its backward so picture is a reversal of negative

Naaaah, these cars were also fitted with the Canadian blocks for the US market, the number plate is backwards as part of a DOT experiment so that the plates can be read in the rear view mirror  Wink  Grin

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 04:54:13 AM »

Great pics Glenn...

Thanks for scanning and posting them..!! Huge effort!

Cheers
Les...

fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 10:50:04 AM »

Im pretty sure the hearse was at the nostalgia drags up here last year at palmyra. Still looks much the same as it did then on the outside.
trevmc62

FC =fun car

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2007, 11:09:57 AM »

Naaaah, these cars were also fitted with the Canadian blocks for the US market, the number plate is backwards as part of a DOT experiment so that the plates can be read in the rear view mirror  Wink  Grin

i know about the canadian cars but you would think the back plate would be the right way around plus the black torana next to the back view is LHD also

T junctions you get there with the better half navigating and the missus says "Turn left right here" ?!.....bugger!
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 12:09:46 PM »

Hey Ed.
That ute was owned by Garry Coggan from the ACT and turned up at our All Holden Days in the late 80's. The car appeared in the July/Aug '88 issue of SM, and your memory is working well......the article was titled 'Hot Dawg.' As mentioned, I have a few pics of the car, including a few burnout pics. I think I might have to dig em out and scan em.
Regards
Alex.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: