FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:22:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: WTD - FE Headlights  (Read 2588 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2007, 02:56:28 AM »

Hi all.

Can anyone supply me with a pair of original Lucas headlamp units for an FE with excellent reflectors. This means they must have the small parking lamp globe incorporated. I dont need the buckets just the lamp units.

I also need a pair of headlamp wiring harnesses, these go from the lamp to the inner guard connectors.

I am in Sydney.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 04:26:24 AM »

;)Hey John,did you know FE,s had bosch headlamps,but these are pretty hard to come by,i managed to get a mint set for my fe but like i said real hard to come by,the lucas ones were available on fc,s and as we know there are a lot more fc,s left out there than fe,s,the bosch headlamps were also used on commercial models in both fe-fc range,the headlamp rims are also to suit the different lights too,1 notch at the bottom are bosch,2 notches at the bottom are lucas,no notch were aftermarket ones!!hope that information helps you out!!cheers jamie Wink
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 04:55:02 AM »

Thanks for the info Jamie Wink

The car currently has sealed beams and some !@#$%% has butchered the wiring to fit them.

I had a chat with RET about these. My car has Bosch electrics (well regulator, dissy and starter anyway) but the headlamp buckets are marked Lucas and the rims have two notches.

RET pointed out that the master parts book says only wagon and commercial FEs had bosch lamps.

So I figured Lucas are probably correct?

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 08:32:57 PM »

Hi John,
This guy may be able to help you.http://www.classicandvintagebulbs.com/index.html
Cheers,
Graham
remembermeok2002
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 08:59:08 AM »

i have a genuine set of bosh head lites comming my way tomorrow not sure how much  as im getting a load of parts of this mate who has them in his shed  if any one wants too get back to me on them il  let you know .cheers keith david.fe4fun
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: