FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 03:15:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: met a bloke yesterday...  (Read 1724 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: January 16, 2007, 05:29:49 AM »

Hey guys,

Met an interesting bloke yesterday while cruising the neighbourhood.

A gent originally from Northern NSW, told me he used to have a 1959 Black FC.

with quad International headlights, with 179 etc.

during our brief meeting at the bottle shop, he also metioned he then went on to own a very fast Flacon GT which ran 10.6 down the quarter in the 70's.

im not sure if it was a wagon or sedan, he looked at my wagon, and said his was the same except black.

now.. has anybody maybe got a pic of a black quad lighted FC (besides Alex's)?
or know this car?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
trevmc62

FC =fun car

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:38:04 AM »

hi ed
I used to work for a Federal Government Department in the 80s and 90s and we were involved in the purchase of the diplomatic vehicles on behalf of the Government for various international embassies and i can remember seeing photos framed and loose around the place of old holdens, valiants and fords with mods such as stretched limos and dual headlights this could be a lead. Sadly the Department was closed down late 90s maybe i should have grabbed some these pictures........bugger!

T junctions you get there with the better half navigating and the missus says "Turn left right here" ?!.....bugger!
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:00:57 AM »

I have, or did have a picture of that black FC here at home and from memory it was in mid/late '70's Custom Rodder magazine although I also collected Custom Vans and Trucks mag at the time as well so could be in that one.

The quads were from an international from the early '60's and were set up in over/under position a la Pontiac GTO setup. It looked OK and would have turned head on the road. Wonder whatever happened to it?

I'll see if I can find the pics.

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: