FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:36:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New attach section "no go"  (Read 2672 times)
HARKO
« on: September 08, 2002, 09:09:55 AM »

Hoping someone can shed some light on this problem for me , I've been trying to upload gif images of 10.7 kb to the new attach section of a started new topic -This is well below the specified file size but it will not be exepted (After the first try I am prompted to re-enter for security reasons) and nothing changes thereon .
I have also uploaded images to my starphoto album but this doesnt seem to accept (gif )images at all
So how do you do it Craig ? Your ability astounds me .
Hope someone can help ? Huh
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2002, 12:13:45 AM »

PEBCAK at your end Wink  It works for me.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
HARKO
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2002, 08:41:32 AM »

PEBCAK ? Hidden code or a run on the virtual drag strip - 230wpm ,For anyone else who has troubles - A gif image doesnt show up in a preview ,But if posted theres no problem ..
« Last Edit: September 11, 2002, 08:46:40 AM by HARKO » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2002, 11:45:42 PM »

PEBCAK is geek speak used by Tech Support people.  It stands for "Problem Exists Between Chair And Keyboard".  Kind of like "Nut behind the wheel".

I don't think attachments show in Previews at all - GIF, JEPG or whatever.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2002, 10:48:32 PM »

Guys,

I've pulled the plug on GIF attachments - our disk space is just filling up too fast, and so I made an executive decision that the animated GIFs had to go.

If you want to include them in your posts, please link to the original wherever you found it on the internet, rather than uploading them here.

Thanks,

RET
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: