FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:53:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc colour change?  (Read 4611 times)
weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2002, 11:11:01 AM »

I didnt know where else to put this,but whats the best way to change the colour of a car in photoshop5.....? Huh

He who hesitates is lost.
craiga
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2002, 12:45:43 AM »

Hi Weedy,

I use version 6.0, but from memory 5.0 supported Hue/Saturation and Replace Colour. Both these functions will allow you to change colour and still retain the original gradients. You can also fiddle with the curves setting, setting/adjusting the curve for each RGB colour (Red/Green/Blue) or for more adjustment convert the image to CMYK (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black).

Cheers,

Craig.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2002, 12:43:55 AM »

Weedy,

One of the many beauties of PhotoShop is that there are so many different ways of achieving the same thing.

This is how I like to do it.  Select all the colour you want to change, using the magic wand, lasso etc.

Choose Image -> Adjustments -> Variations (you can see the menu item in CraigA's screen grab).

You'll be presented with a screen like this, that allows you to modify colours the way it's done developing a real photo, by adding more colour from one part of the colour wheel, which can offset colour from the opposite end of the wheel.  Hard to put into words, hopefully the screen grab makes sense.  It's a little small, but the 7 miniatures of the image on the lower left (clockwise from top left) allow:
More Green
More Yellow
More Red
More Magenta
More Blue
More Cyan

The ones on the lower right are for Lighter and Darker.  Experiment with them. You can click on the "Original" image at any time to go back to where you started.  

FWIW this is how I changed Wayne's car from grey to lilac.

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: September 03, 2002, 12:51:24 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2002, 09:20:20 AM »

Hey guys,

Thanks for the tips,I dont think I'll be winning any competitions Roll Eyes,but I'm havin some fun..........

Thanks,

Weedy

He who hesitates is lost.
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2002, 08:29:38 AM »

Having fun is what it's all about....!! Wink
Like Richard says, there's heaps of different ways to do the same sort of thing.... Also like Richard I reckon the "variations" way is the easiest and it gives you a preview which is always a bonus.

The other way I like is to select an area, and on a new layer, you fill with the "foreground colour" and then you can play around with "multiply" or different opacities..... also makes it easy to change later on if you don't "flatten" it ....

Cheers
Hewart....

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: