FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:53:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Thinking of moving to Australia  (Read 4549 times)
fc4kiwi

crusin fine in a "59"

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2006, 04:06:14 AM »

Hi guys my wife and me are thinking of moving to Brisbane, from New Zealand and was just wondering if its worthwhile bringing my FC with me or start a new project once we get settle in over there?
Another question how many members on this forum are ex-pat- kiwis?
Also would I have a problem getting a job Im a "fitter-welder"
cheers Tony
FC_Driver
nsw-club

Model: FC

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 06:53:32 AM »

Hi Tony
Bring your FC..... All FCs welcomed. The price of FC/FEs seem to be going up by the day in Australia.
I don't know how they compare in NZ to Australia in price.
This begs the question, "Are FC/FEs cheaper in NZ?"
Anyone here have any idea of transport cost etc ?
Interesting !!!!!
Bruce  
craiga
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 09:16:17 AM »

Tony,

I was told by someone that imported an XU1 from NZ that it was expensive and difficult to bring cars from the land of sheep to the land of VB. I could put you on to him if you wanted more info.

What happened to Bondi - you blokes not interested any more? What, too many Kiwi's? :-)

Good luck with your move.

Chhers,

CRaig.

Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 10:07:37 PM »

A friends dad brought his GXL cruiser over and there was all these "hidden" costs and so called taxes that he had to pay and if he knew what it would have cost he would have sold it and bought a new one over here, so when you ship it get a solid quote and make sure it all inclusive. dont know about work in qld but fitter/ welder you could have work tomorrow and top $$$ to i spose, as long as you dont mind working in one of the mines.
have fun moving
    Russ

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 10:42:01 AM »

I was told by someone that imported an XU1 from NZ that it was expensive and difficult to bring cars from the land of sheep to the land of VB.

VB!! you wont be needing that cr@p in Bris mate. XXXX Gold will give you that aussie tingling feeling in front of the barbie with the rugby league in the background

minifcvan
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 05:02:33 AM »

NES, NES, NES, XXXX GOLD REALLY?? I TOUGHT XXXX WAS JUST A TAX DODGE FOR THE COMANY WHO MAKE IT.... REALLY DOES ANYONE REALLY DRINK THAT CRAP  Tongue Tongue Tongue    FC4KIWI THE BEST THING YOU COULD DO FOR YOURSELF IS MOVE TO AUSTRALIA AND DRINK AS MANY CARLTON PRODUCTS AS POSSIBLE Grin Grin Grin Grin CHEERS MARK (EXPERT BEER TASTER 25YRS EXPERIENCE)  Wink Wink Wink Wink
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2006, 06:46:34 AM »

mini,
    all blokes I work with who are from interstate swear by "their" from where they were brought up..... most qld blokes think VB is worse that drinking horse urine and I'm sure its the same visa versa. But if ol Kiwi moves to Bris then he better get the taste for the best beer gettin round and switch off the AFL every time CH10 tries to give it to us.
GO THE MAROONS

minifcvan
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2006, 07:44:17 AM »

well nes, we can agree on one thing switching the AFL off.... But go the maroons Huh Huh Huh
Grin Grin Grin Grin cheers mark
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2006, 08:15:32 AM »

Well living down South y'all, all i can say is go the mighty melbourne Storm, funny if Melbourne wins the rugby and sydney wins the footy eh?(who would have thought that possible years ago eh? )
                                           Cheers Rusty
« Last Edit: September 25, 2006, 08:17:14 AM by phantom » Logged

Bogans rule
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 08:15:51 PM »

GO THE BRONCOS

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 06:13:47 PM »

fc 4 kiwi
the other kiwi here  i meet you last year in christchurch

mate fitter welders are being screamed for at the moment  heaps of work for tradesman

give us email  ill get info for you
cheers kiwi ( no 1 and still the best )

emu /sarge bite me  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: