FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 10, 2024, 01:32:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: (Project) Cool Dad's Car  (Read 16703 times)
HARKO
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2003, 11:08:53 AM »

Are there really "rust free" FE/FC's out there??
There will be ED!
That 2nd shot is as you say on its side showing the front A pillar minus sill and guard but still has inner sill in position.
I know its all very disheartening at the moment but I figure that no matter what I get Im better off for the long term to be replacing all this anyway so I know its all new & clean in behind all bracketry  and it should see me out  for another 40 years...

Ive got the driver floorpan tacked in today and should have the inner sills made tomorrow for fitting on the weekend.

Whats the go with a colt 1/4 ?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2003, 11:13:43 AM by HARKO » Logged
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2003, 09:21:14 PM »

Best of luck with it, I know the result will be worth it.

Colt 1/4 (sedan only).. is one of the few cars I've spotted on the road with a round petrol filler on the LHS.

The other is a Nissan Exa.  

Ive got a commodore filler suited to drivers side (rear opening) will just have to invert the guts of it.. this is a 2nd best option I think.

I could easily just bang it in, but the thought of having a back to front filler would annoy me.

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2003, 10:15:35 PM »

Suicide filler door.  It's not an error, it's a feature!  LOL Grin Grin Grin

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
weedy-burton

me love ute long time

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2003, 08:30:43 AM »

Hey Harko,

Those pics of your beast with the sills off are just what I needed to get me started on my ute again.Ive been a bit worried about ripping into the sides of the old girl without knowing exactly what Im going to find.Your new sedan looks great and with the v6 mostly fitted up! (bonus) ,I just wanna know how a car like that ends up at  south coast auctions.I dont think Ive ever seen a holden older than a VN there let alone an FC.

WEEDY

He who hesitates is lost.
HARKO
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2003, 10:04:38 AM »

Thanks weedy but I hate to burst your bubble mate .
When i got this sedan a fellow member said cut it ! cut it ! cut it ! so i cut the outer sills off ,cut the inner sills off, cut the front floor out, cut the rear floor out ,
And last weekend I cut the whole damn thing to pieces !
So at the moment its well on its way to becoming a very cool piece of furniture ,and I am setting my sights back to the wagon after I knock over a half finished 56 VW project (chuck heave spew) Wink

sorry weedy for being such a lousy inspiration mate but thems tha brakes ,cheers
trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2003, 09:24:03 PM »

Hey Harco, i love that FC Sedan what is the two tone blue colour codes if you have them or even the name of the colours.
Thanks Trent
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2003, 09:55:02 PM »

trent
     it's too wet for me to venture to the shed to get code so i'll leave that to harko-that wgn looks a lot like mine -a variation ofcascade blue/cambridge blue-i'll put pics on site soon Smiley

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2003, 04:24:37 AM »

Thanks for that and if it isn't to much trouble when it dries up can you check out the codes if it was origionally two tone blue and let me know how the IDplate reads.
Thanks Trent
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 05:44:07 AM »

Trent,

The codes for the various two-tone blue and blue/white combinations can be found in our Tech Info section here.  Check out the GMH Paint Codes and Paint Numbers for all the details, including swatches of most of the colours.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
trent

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2003, 09:50:39 AM »

Thanks Ret checked it out.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2003, 11:42:36 AM »

Harko,
Do you have any details or better shots of the "Cool Dad's Chair"? I have a couple of bucket seats and a rusty FE bum just made for each other.

Just wondering, did you use some sort of wooden frame to hold the whole sheebang together and off the floor?

In the photo I noticed you cut through the rear parcel shelf, any reason? I was thinking of cutting between the window and boot opening.

HARKO
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2003, 08:34:44 AM »

No worries Stinky ,Cut through the parcel shelf to flatten it out so its useable ,Knocked up a tube steel frame and mated in a wooden base covered with custom cut foam , Cut the body so far forward or back depending on how you look at it to make use of the shelf and some dodgey tasmans I have, Also its on adjustable wheels to make things easier.
slim
Guru

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2003, 08:03:03 PM »

Thats a KINGS THRONE , that you have made there HARKO , Iv seen Chev ones and EK /FB ones , But your FE/FC One takes the cake , CANT wait to sit in it , with a WILD TURKEY in hand , admiring your collection. PS Do you make them to sell also. Or just for personal pleasure .

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
HARKO
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2003, 11:09:43 AM »

This one will be for sale when completed Slim, Trim is White and the Body colour Im unsure of as yet, Also has stereo ,Speakers ,Amp and subwoofer along with Neon lighting underneath .
The flame throwers might be a little too impractical.
slim
Guru

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2003, 04:36:12 AM »

Hey HARKO , Send me a private message with price for this Beauty. You have me Intrigued. Does the rear bumper go back on , or not ,
« Last Edit: June 29, 2003, 04:38:39 AM by slim » Logged

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: