FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:26:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 17 inch mag wheel identification  (Read 2767 times)
v8 wagon

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2006, 09:30:50 AM »

I saw these recently in q' land they were 17 inch
and on a standard braked wgn. Can anyone identify
the make of wheel?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/coombes/goldcoast130.jpg
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 06:23:31 AM »

Huh
The wheels could be from a later model Holden .I have 14" HT rims(black) on my FE wagon, which has HR front and rear and the stud pattern is the same,however the FE FC rims won't work on a disc brake front (I've been told and tried and they don't work) which leads me to think HT. They may well be a special make.Only the owner would be able to answer that. Hope that helps.

Cheers Rusty
spybo

Retrotech's the way to go

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 11:18:20 AM »

Hi there,
Just to add to this thread....I am currently having some 14 inch rims made to suit the FC stud pattern and hubcap fitment....this is not as easy as it sounds apparently...had 2 sets made here locally in Adelaide which were sent back as the FC h/caps didn't fit...then got onto Stan at ALLSTREET TYRES in W.A  and it is happening now....a very nice chap who knows his stuff...and is helpful to mechanical idiots like me!

So I am putting in a recommendation for Stan....maybe costom alloys can be sourced the same way for stud patterns...at least there are no hubcaps to worry about..

HARKO
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 12:19:33 AM »

Id say they are off a BMW or Volvo with the same stud pattern .
Be certain this can work before you decide to go down this path ...
There are still centre bore size matching , wheel offset clearances and wheel dimension issues with rego authorities and engineers .
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: