FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 23, 2024, 10:25:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: roller rockers  (Read 2893 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: July 04, 2006, 03:16:46 AM »

hi all, does anyone know if chev and holden roller rockers are interchangeable?
the reason i ask is that i get a set of crowe roller rockers 1.6 ratio for a chev at a very good price ( 2 are damaged), but i am hunting a set for my 202 head which i am lead to believe is also 1.6. i understand i will still have to get the guide plates etc.

any help would be appreciated
cheers
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 04:45:41 AM »

guide plates are not a neccesity (spelling?) but are good to have. I do believe that they are interchangeable tho, do you know what stud sizes they suit? best advice would probably to ring somewhere like vpw australia or even a local engine builder, etc.

sorry i couldnt be of any more help.... :-/

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 06:48:38 AM »

some rockers should be used with guide plates were others you dont need them, check out some sites for rocker manufacturers and see if the are the same.
With guide plates you also need hardened pushrods, I think they are around $70 a set. If you buy yella terra guide plates you need to bend them to fit them, might be worth trying to find some that are ready to go on a holden 6.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 08:32:35 PM »

thanks for the replys guys, i have been trying to find a set for the right price  (cheap) but so far not much luck, but as i said i can get these for next to nothing, but looks like i will do some homework.

cheers

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 11:27:05 PM »

a photo would help identify what brand your roller rocker is?
cheers

Dr_Terry

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 04:06:12 AM »

Hi Guys.

The SBC rocker ratio is 1.6 & the Holden 6 rocker ratio is 1.5. You can fit them if the stud size matches, it will just give you more valve lift. You will have to check the geometry.

All rockers that can swivel WILL NEED guide plates. Stock 202 do not because they can't swivel. 179/186 don't need guide plates because the hole in the head where they run is sized to act as the guide plate. If you fits studs to a 202 & fit 179/186 rockers or rollers you will need guide plates, otherwise what prevents the rockers moving sideways off the valve stem tip.

Dr Terry.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: