FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 24, 2024, 04:28:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Pat Gardner's v6 gear  (Read 7336 times)
Addo

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2006, 10:12:50 AM »

Hi guys and gals in FC land. First post on this forum but I'm an old 'FC'er from way back and have 3 at the moment, Ones a drive car, ones a sand blasted shell and the other is spares. The shells time has come and needs to be 'done'. I have been out of the loop for mods for about 20 years. The old HR brakes, red motor and m21 box with as many sway bars as you can fit is wearing a bit thin and I have been looking online at Pat Gardners replacement front end and the whole shebang he lists on his sight for a v6 conversion. The question I need to ask is " has any one used this gear with any success?" and "Is the guy still trading?" as he didn't answer my last email. The stuff on his site looks impressive as well as expensive but what the heck "old holdens never die, They just go faster". Grin
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 08:45:30 AM »

If you want something different how bout a Lexus 4Lt V8, a chip exhaust and filter will have you tearing up the streets

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 09:25:09 AM »

Any idea what those front ends are worth?

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 10:05:18 AM »

Any idea what those front ends are worth?

The guy quoted me $4500.00 half up front about 12 months ago. They look nice but serious $$$$ for a front end.
I really want one but would like some feedback first.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 10:08:40 AM by Addo » Logged
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2006, 12:15:19 PM »

A nice looking "piece of kit" -
http://www.v6conversions.com.au/frontend.htm

Addo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2006, 04:35:26 AM »

$4700.00 for front end, no stubbs or brakes, suit VR-VX brakes. He does cut down VR -VS rear axles you supply $700.00. Hmmm, I wonder how the Misses will take this one.
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2006, 05:08:15 AM »

Addo
Thats some serious dollars for the front end Shocked Shocked If you are looking to save $$$ I would be looking for a used CRS front end with a front mounted rack & have it modified to improve the turn circle I know that Rods racks in Qld does this modification. Our buy one of his rear mount commodore rack front ends.
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2006, 07:40:32 PM »

Addo
Thats some serious dollars for the front end Shocked Shocked If you are looking to save $$$ I would be looking for a used CRS front end with a front mounted rack & have it modified to improve the turn circle I know that Rods racks in Qld does this modification. Our buy one of his rear mount commodore rack front ends.
Glenn

Excuse my ignorance but what is a CRS front end?
Many Thanks.
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 09:09:43 PM »

CRS = Castlemaine Rod Shop.

http://www.rodshop.com.au

also referred to as "Hadfield" front ends as in originally designed and made by Rod Hadfield.

Cheers

Ed
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:11:41 PM by EH » Logged

in the shed
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2006, 03:26:59 AM »

CRS = Castlemaine Rod Shop.

Of course! I had a brain strain for a minute. It was early after a late night.
Thanks Ed
minifcvan
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2006, 10:28:04 PM »

hi addo, have you got  the front end ect ect.Ive got a mate with all the v6 conversion gear with v6 auto and vn front and rear disc's in a eh thats for sale for about 4500.00 not quite sure of the price.but would make a great donor car ....cheers mark
Grin Grin Grin
Addo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 09:18:24 AM »

Thanks Mark, I've already picked up a VS series 2 with low kms for a donor car and am looking forward to putting it together as soon as I draw breath from my current workload. I haven't got the front end yet but I really want one! they look tops. What sort of front end is in the EH?
With Thanks,
Addo.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: