FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 24, 2024, 02:23:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: original configuration  (Read 3631 times)
dam-mad

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2006, 03:54:14 AM »

Can anyone tell me where I might be able to find information regarding orginal configuration for FC's.  I need register a modified FC in the NT and I need to supply information on the what the car was before the mods.  Need stuff like wheel diameter, rim width, rim offset, wheel track etc etc.  Bloody motor vehicle registry Angry
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2006, 05:46:06 AM »

All that sort of information can be found in the front of the Workshop Manual.  If you haven't got one, you should!  Lots of very good information to be had in there.

Sorry I don't have one handy at the moment to give you the answers here and now.

cheers
RET
« Last Edit: June 27, 2006, 05:46:42 AM by ret » Logged

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
dam-mad

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2006, 07:07:15 AM »

Thanks Ret, must have been having a blonde moment, I've got one was just a bit taken back with what they wanted to know and couldn't see the forrest for the tree's...
Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2006, 09:15:18 PM »

You must have got the MVR guy on the wrong day, I,ve got all sorts of stuff over the pits and they dont even care, If your in darwin take it to C&H autoline and i think it wayne he will look after you!

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
dam-mad

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2006, 10:11:40 PM »

Thanks Russ,  did they want you to fill out the VS8 form for the modifactions??
Russ

mmm dohnuts

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2006, 10:40:54 PM »

Just took it to mvr and regoed it they didn't ask about ant mods, they have the engine number so i guess they know its a red motor.
But saying that ive had:
2.8 litre hilux regoed as a 2.4
S3 landrover went over the pits 3 time with a diferent body each time(wagon, Soft top and ute)
Wifes VH had 5 litre sticker on the air cleaner so that was a 308 instead of 253?Huh

i dont think thay have much of an idea. also a mates V8 landcruiser still has drums on the front?HuhHuh Tongue

Ford boy with a FC weakness!!!
4hammers
tas-club
Guru

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 12:23:04 AM »

Hi.
The issue here is, that IF or WHEN the said car is involved in any sort of accident & it is found not to meet the required standards, you will find the following:

a/ Your insurance company will not pay up.
b/ The MAIB will not be available (As the car isn't what it is registered as) & YOU will be liable for all costs
c/ You may well get your arse sued by all involved parties
d/ The knob who was supposed to inspect it correctly, will get a HUGE fine & lose his licence.
e/ you will get a record for driving an unroadworty vehicle & maybe lose your licence.

Rob J

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: