FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:23:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Roof section wagon  (Read 5605 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: August 06, 2002, 11:08:50 PM »

Hello All,

I am hoping somebody out there can help.

I would love to have a rear section of a wagon roof FE, FC, FB, EK.  I need the corners only, for the nice bowl shape of the corners for use elsewhere.

Alternatively can anybody suggest another vehicle with similar shape in the roof?  ive thought perhaps a kombi roof?
I have no pain in chopping up kombis...
(essentially I need a rounded corner)

thanks

Ed Wink

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 01:14:00 AM »

And who said there was nothing worth salvaging on this:

From http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1026309436

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 01:32:13 AM »

Hi Ed,

RET didn't say whether or not that rig was still available for parts, but if you don't have any luck there, try Rick from Radical Early holdens again. He has a wagon that would have the bits you require. Ph 0740555091
Cheers
Jason.

P.S Got my motor today VT Comm wreck 51000k's with all the other goodies I need, now got to get it up here.

Phone +64 223509263
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 02:13:07 AM »

Hi Richard and Jason,

Thanks for the tantalising pic Richard, I could have used loads of bits off that!.. B Pillar, roof section plus more..

Now to find another CARcass
Wink

Good to hear the Van is making progress Jason!.. You should see Les' V6 sedan for some inspiration!

Cheers
Ed

in the shed
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2002, 08:39:42 PM »

the idea of the roof is to use the shape to re-fabricate my firewall recesses (i want it neater..)
still thinking of it... I reckon the wiper motor recess may provide the right shape also for this purpose...
anybody have a suitable donor?
please..... gonna scan the trading post...

once upon a time there was a bloke at Campelltown with FC to EK wrecks (scott somebody...?Eagleview Rd?), does anybody know if he is still around?

in the shed
FC-V8

Model: FC

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2002, 09:00:54 PM »

Hi Ed
    As far as i know Scott still lives there but he does'nt deal in the parts anymore because one of the local
wreckers put him in to the council.They told them he was running a wrecking yard from his home so the council made him stop selling parts.
Glenn

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
HARKO
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2002, 10:08:46 AM »

I've been to Warren Watt's house out at Thirlmere a few times to scavenge parts of EK's (before seeing the light) and he has at least 6 EK's but I've misplaced his number so if you want to track him down he is a senior member of the FB-EK car club of NSW ,Hope this help's
And for your info I've found welding many metal's that EK is the best /Very malluable ,workable ,soft etc etc.
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2002, 03:56:02 AM »

Thanks Harko,

Are u still after rear doors for your bus?

rear wagon doors right?

Ed

in the shed
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2002, 02:28:22 AM »

the part has been found! Grin

Greg at Classic OzResuWrecktion (Toronto) has the part and was more than happy to help.

02 4959 8999

He also advised of a load of FE/FC's coming in.

Ed

in the shed
HARKO
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2002, 12:02:32 PM »

Thank's ED ,There's a bit of a story to that , I had placed a deposit on a (bus?)FC Wagon but kept searching for something a little better (Full resto /Been there too often) I found and eventualy purchased another with 2 good door's on the car and 4 mint spare's along with lot,s of other goodies for a whole 100 buck's less than the first I looked at , I am after some guard spear's and a lower front screen stainless, and a L/H flash Huh?? Cheer's ,if you like send me a message,,,,,,,,,,,,Harko
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2002, 09:47:24 AM »

Damn, i just gave away an fc wreck y frames roof rearquarters everything.Sorry.

1959 Black Std sedan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: