FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 20, 2024, 02:13:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: OLBIS/Norman  (Read 2589 times)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2006, 11:47:03 AM »

Was flipping through some old Hot Rod mags the other day and came across this FJ Gasser and noticed the OLBIS sign writing on the bonnet.

Here's a pic of the motor, check out the caption..

Here's some interesting quotes from the article:

"Originally campaigned with a blown sideplate, it ran well up with the top gassers, but it's sideplating days were limited by the frequent breakages. The car ran a great 13.86 once in this form and was usually turning around 103 through the traps at Surfers, its home strip."

"The team modified the Norman manifolds from the early motor, and sent the whole power plant to Ollis Industries for a blueprint and prep. Ollis, their main sponsor, keep most of the tuning information secret, so that the only dope available is that the car runs a Wade cam, is bored out about .020", and runs like hell!"

"The Norman blower is a 110 ci model, mounting a 2" SU carby used when the engine is idling because the 3" injector, under constant blower pressure, would load up the motor so quickly that tuning and staging would be impossible. The two injector nozzles squirt jets of straight methanol as thick as your finger down into the blower."

The car ran 11.85 with this set up.
Regards
Alex

« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 11:49:28 AM by custom_fc » Logged

srevoice

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 12:50:15 PM »

Thanks custom FC, that is the set up I will be going for with my old grey. I need to save up a bit of money first but hopefully I can get started on it soon.

Andy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: