FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 05, 2024, 02:24:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NSW Club's 25th Anniversary  (Read 3713 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: June 17, 2006, 01:22:47 AM »

The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW is turning 25 this year, and we call on members past and present to celebrate this milestone with us.

We are holding two events over the weekend of 23-24 September:
     - Saturday: a dinner at the Crown on McCredie in West Guildford
     - Sunday: a Show 'n' Shine at the Sydney Model Park in Luddenham

Please download the attached flier for more information.  We look forward to celebrating our birthday with prior club members, friends from other Holden Clubs, and other current or former FE/FC owners at both events.

FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW
Established 1981

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 06:55:45 PM »

This event is getting closer. If you wish to come to either event please contact me if you haven't already.
Cheers,
Graham
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

This Event is happening this weekend. If you are free tomorrow come along to the show and shine at Luddenham. The dinner is now closed for people who haven't booked.
Cheers,
Graham
mcl1959
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 08:09:25 PM »

I would like to say thanks to al the NSW committee for inviting me to speak at your clubs 25th anniversary dinner.  I hope all enjoyed what I said and the pictures in my presentation.
I thoroughly enjoyed the wekend and would especially like to thank Geoff Klimpsch, Chris Bunt and Wayne Skuse for being chaufers for the weekend for both Janice and I.
I was blown away  Cheesy by the show on Sunday with a great display of cars from both the NSW and Canberra clubs.  Good to see Leon Spicers new FE on its maiden run.

Thanks once again    Ken
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 10:21:25 PM »

Thanks for the informative presentation Ken, I for one look forward to the release of your book.

I also would like to congratulate Richard & Alex on an interesting pictorial & interview of the clubs 25 year history.

Leon, have to echo every ones comments on your latest triumph, the car looks fabulous, with meticulous attention to detail, good work !!!

Gary

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 04:14:20 AM »

I also would like to congratulate Richard & Alex on an interesting pictorial & interview of the clubs 25 year history.

Thanks Gary.  A big thank you is owed to Alex who has spent many many hours digitising all those photos (over a thousand!) and identifying the cars/people/events to which they pertain.  More will be done with these for posterity in the coming months.

Putting them into the presentation for Saturday night (my job) was the easy bit.

Mind you, compiling that video of Trevor and Craig was not a five-minute job...  Playing with that stuff gives you an insight into why it takes months to produce a feature-length movie.

I'd like to say a big thank you to Ken & Janice McLean and Tony & Joe Galea who travelled up from Melbourne to celebrate the event with us and support the NSW Club.  From Canberra Graham & Kathy Pryce, Tim & Bec (soon-to-be) Miller and David Ridge all came up for the weekend, and more members (Steve & Jill, Kaz G drove up on Sunday morning for the show 'n' shine).  Thanks also to the members of the 48-FJ HOC and the SSEHCC who supported our event on Saturday night.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
leon

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 08:36:20 AM »

:)A big thanks Ken for the very interesting and educational  time you given us all.
I trust you and you wife  had a safe flight home and didn't get blown away.
I like to say thank you for some interesting pointer's you have  given me at our 25th anniversary show on Sunday.
Thanks to all who gave up a lot of their time to make our 25th anniversary a memorable and enjoyable one.
It was great Cheesy
Regards. Leon
gp
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 08:10:21 PM »

Thanks everyone for a good weekend. leon, your car looks great!

We had an interesting trip home..........powerlines down, trees/branches on the road, no traffic lights at Narellan (Tim & Bec saw a crash happen at one of the intersections).

There was also a bit of gridlock on the Hume due to trees on the road & a fast approaching bushfire. When we stopped at the Mobil at Pheasants Nest for fuel, they were closed because of a blackout. A couple of us were running very low on fuel, but luckily we all made it OK to Sutton Forest where the Shell was running on emergency generator power. Between Pheasants Nest & Sutton Forest, the outside temperature dropped by about 20 degrees! It dropped from 30ish to 10ish, Brrrrr (melbourne weather). We were home at about 6pm.

Ken,
I'm looking forward to buying your book.

Regards,

Graham
leon

My FC Business Sedan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 05:03:39 AM »

:)Good to hear you  Graham, Tim and other's reached home safely and it  was good to see you all again, Stay well and thanks for your comments. Wink
Regards. Leon  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: