FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 10:16:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: What Number is More Relevant ?  (Read 6603 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: June 16, 2006, 04:11:12 AM »

My FC is one of the earliest FC's still around, and I want to get a set of Number plates to reflect this, however, as FC's have 2 different build numbers, what do you think is the most relevant.......here are my numbers.

Compliance Plate FC225-205-A ( 205th FC built in Adelaide )

or

Subframe stamp 8-1169-P ( 169th FC assembled in Perth ).

What do you think ?

Mark
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 05:13:54 AM »

how about XU1-FC Grin

I think i like the plate 169-FC though... but hey its your car Smiley

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 05:22:32 AM »

Thanks Torque.....not a bad idea...hadn't thought of that one.

The plates I'm planning to buy are the original custom plates form years back....which we now call PRIVATE plates.

The are a Blue background ( to suit the blue car ), with Black letters.
Only trouble is they MUST BE  1, 2 or 3 letters, followed by 3 numbers exactly.

So I'm thinking FC-169   or FC-205 .

Because they are limited in the choice of characters you can have, they only cost $93.

I can go for full custom plates with more characters and colours ect, but they cost 4 times as much and I think the blue plates will suit nicely.

I was swaying towards FC-169 as it's the lower of the 2 numbers, but if the compliance plate is more relevant, then I'd go for FC-205.

The only way I can get the year of the car is to use the letter I as a 1....so it would be.......FCI-958, but it's a bit daggy.

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 05:55:25 AM »

Apart from being lower, the factory assembly number also has that 'local' flavour, being a Perth-built car.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
spanner

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 08:23:09 AM »

Anyone who didn't know FC's wouldn't relate much to FC-169 ect. People would relate more to a year such as FCI-958. You could use FC-058. My two bobs worth.
Graham
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2006, 09:36:30 AM »

When I went for my plates the lady must have had a wild imagination, she said I couldnt have FCC 00L becuase they didn't allow obscene number plates, It took a bit to get her to understand and there was even a FC parked across the road from the RTA everyday with 1BADFC on its plates.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 09:41:29 PM »

THanks guys....you've got me thinking now.    Maybe FC 058 is the way to go.

Re: obscene plates, I knew a guy who bought the same type of plates I am ( 3 digits after 3 letters ), and he had....SEX 000.     He also had to argue that it was no offensive, as his surname was in fact SEXTON.   SEX is obvious, and the 000 was for ( Tonne )....SEX000....SEXTON.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 04:01:51 AM »

Don't think you can have it both ways, it's either a plate that reflects the earliness of the car or one that other people might relate to.

Personally, I liked the thinking behind the 169 plate.  So what if other people don't know what it means?  It might prompt them to ask.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 04:24:05 AM »

Geez Ret....why do you always have to make sense  Grin

In fact, all you guys have good and valid points.

There are heaps of Brock Commodores ( pre HSV )with these plates over here.....they have :

HDT - 241 ( Holden Dealer Team - Car No. 241 and so on )...in other words they don't have HDT - 087 for a 1987 VL .

So maybe I do go with FC - 169......I think you are right Ret......people will ask if it is a 1969 model, and I'll say....Nah. it's a 58, but it's the 169th FC of over 200 000 ever made, and then proceed to bore the crap out of them for the next 2 hours on how I built the car.

Great feedback guys...I'm totally confused.....just what I asked for......heaps of ideas and theories !

Cheers

Mark

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 05:27:39 AM »

But on the other hand, they might think you're French.  Or into it Lips sealed

Particularly when you tell them your forum name Shocked

Decisions, decisions...

Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2006, 05:53:11 AM »

BLO - 169      it is then   Grin
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2006, 07:59:30 AM »

Dont forget to hang a pair of feet facing down out the passenger side rear window and a pair pointing upwards on the drivers side rear window and the NRNR sticker on the back window.

I am sure I remember seing a car with sex ooo on its plates in the late eighties, think it was a white vw golf or alfa 33 I used to see on the way to school.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:02:04 AM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2006, 11:09:45 AM »

gday Mark

bite the bullet and buy the $300 custom plates.
Then you really will have problems deciding on a combination to use.

when I did mine I had a list of over 20 combinations of FC, 1958, 58, & Holden.  All were rejected because they"ve all been taken    (dont know where they are cos ive never seen one on a car yet !!! )

ended up with GMH58FC  and its amazing how many people ask which Football Club I play for Huh

Cool Cool Cool

PS I'm thinking about    ITSLOW         for Cathys Ugly Duckling but $300 is $299.99 over budget.

cruisin's great with a 58
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 06:15:24 AM »

$300 for custom plates... In the sunny state a plate like that starts at $2200 which is a crock!!!

Just jealous I guess
JB

Phone +64 223509263
Blown_FC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2006, 09:49:54 PM »

Yeah..gotta love living in the West.......Great AFL team ( Can't say Teams ), Sunsets on the Beach and Cheap Custom Plates.

Surferboy.....chances are, those plates you have never seen, are sitting in a cupboard somehwere ON HOLD for the owners.

I know of so many good plates that aren;t on cars, but just being held waiting for the day the owners need to use them....or sell them and make a profit !

It's getting close Surferboy....real close....can't believe I'm even talking about number plates.  Seemed like only yesterday, I was searching for a new subframe !

Mark
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2006, 05:07:11 AM »

I remember those subframe days... 10 hour drive each way to get one out of a ute in the paddock that had been there for 30 years after a roll over...  Memories hey!

Grin Grin Grin
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: