FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 23, 2024, 12:24:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: NES138  (Read 65271 times)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« on: May 26, 2006, 07:58:43 AM »

I'd like to share some build pics with the small amount of work I've done so far (in between two jobs, full time tafe two kids and a wife that always beats me to the bank on Thursdays). I bought the car with no motor or box in primer. Its actually an FE

FE 225 26866 - A
Trim 26 - 703
Paint 256 - 6332

For you who like the numbers.... If anyone knows how to find out when it was last registered I'd like to know.

I will be keeping the same interior as the seats were in good shape with no tears or cracks. The vinyl was a bit dry though. Thanks to Stinky I have a complete new set of door panels front kicks and a parcel shelf in newly covered red and white.

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2006, 08:20:55 AM »

Originally it came with a Hr crossmember and LH discs, but thanks to a bloke that lives near me the old girl is regaining a grey heart

the father out law loves the old grey so much the mother in law lost him (he was in the garage salavating) I'll give these a good clean and a lick of paint before they go in.

The car was set up with FE chrome and a detroit flach kit. I didn't have the chrome for that and Thanks to Dean I have the FC Special to go on the side.
I sent the car to the panel shop to have some holes Mig welded up (120 of em) and had it returned in guide coat.
You may be able to see the two lines of holes in the first photo.

The under body has four new floor panel welded in and must have had the sills done too. Alot of ground work done for me.
You may see the difference in new and old trim here

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2006, 08:26:16 AM »

I was trial fitting the new chrome try drill the new holes. Note the new wheels and rims courtesy of the bloke down the road (he is converting to V6)

And I put on the rear fins too. My daughter thinks they're "sexy"
Note the FE boot badge.

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2006, 08:29:01 AM »

To go with the red/white theme I've decided to go with a clean crisp white with a red insert at the rear and around the windows. Unsure at this stage exactly what white and red. but I have a mate at PPG that can help.

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2006, 08:33:38 AM »

looks like youv'e got a pretty good start there.  Sometimes it's not too bad to start with a project as long as good work has been done beforehand.  Keep up the effort & I'm sure you'll get there.

Ken
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2006, 08:36:22 AM »

You may also notice the bonnet now has the FC mascot and the letters have been marked out.

I also have a mate who works at an electroplating facility who is charging a carton per bumper bar to rechrome. It aint what you know

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2006, 10:46:15 AM »

I also have a mate who works at an electroplating facility who is charging a carton per bumper bar to rechrome. It aint what you know

That comment promotes you to LEAST popular bloke on the forum  Grin
I thought I was doing alright paying $300 per end  Roll Eyes

customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2006, 11:38:45 AM »

Hey nes.
Looks like you managed to pull together enough cash out from under the good wife to get some work done.
Progressing nicely.
Keep the updates coming.
Regards
Alex

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2006, 08:54:39 PM »

Hey NES,

looks like a good start to the project.  there's a bloke trying to run away with your door in the pics!

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2006, 06:56:36 AM »

Hey NES,

looks like a good start to the project.  there's a bloke trying to run away with your door in the pics!

Cheers

Ed

that made me laugh but that bloke is me and I took the pic at the same time(love technology)

and hey stinky, why the LEAST? It aint what you know and the misses wont get upset at the price. But because its a "shonky" and the guy wants to do a good job, it may take a while to get all the chrome on the car through. If I recall correctly, Andrew from Streetneat said he paid over 3g for all his chrome. I still havent told her about the interior you sent up either. But my kids absolutely love to sit in it and pretend to drive around (so does the father in law)
Cheers for the comment Ken, it has had some nice welding work by someone before me which is half the reason I bought it.

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2006, 07:39:45 AM »

Just joking about the least fave, there will be a lot of envious people though with you getting your chrome so cheap.
Keep up the progress shots, we all love 'em.
Plus the best piece of advice is "Harko's 20 Minute Rule", with any project make sure you go out and spend at least 20 mins out there doing something.
BTW those door trims look good, whose your trimmer  Wink

blacky

Model: other Holden

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2006, 10:45:32 PM »

Whats your address NES ? I`ve got a pallet of chrome bits and booze to send over  Grin Grin Grin

I spent most of my money on beer , fast cars and women - the rest I just wasted.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 10:54:50 PM »

Blacky I wish I could help and I probably should have said it (about the chrome price) but the bloke who's doing the job for me is going to take about a year to get everything through on the sly. Good things come to those who wait.
As I said, I wish I could help. A lot of guys here have helped me with parts and info.
I already have my Brothers HT, My mates HR lined up not to mention this bloke has made alot of other mates who want chrome done...

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2006, 02:04:03 AM »

Ripped the guards off and put stone guard on em

and then got stuck into the crossmember with a wire wheel on the grinder!

NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2006, 02:40:43 AM »

Cleaned up the underside of the car and is now in stone gaurd (with sound deadener inside the cabin). looks like new (and slightly purple cause its wet). should offer a nice quiet ride.

Sound deadened the boot too. looks a treat.

Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2006, 02:49:34 AM »

You need a taller jack  Grin
Keep the updates coming!

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2006, 03:42:21 AM »

Looks the goods NES! As Stinky said, keep those pics coming....looks like we are both at the same stage  Cool

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2006, 07:50:06 AM »

You need a taller jack  Grin
Keep the updates coming!

Yeah I had the car up on four brick peers (each about 5 high) and layed on a little creeper (with wheels) for about four hours with a wire wheel on a grinder. Looks great and kinda new, except for the weld seam of the new floor panels. My elbows are still sore but well worth it. The father out law warned me about driving it in the rain too... I don't want it dirty either.

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2006, 08:51:09 AM »

Good to see a car going back to grey instead of the other way, keep up the progress Nes.
finlay

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 08:41:59 AM »

Nes saw the car on your driveway looking good when will it be painted ? ta finlay .

Elvis lives
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: