FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:07:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The making of a BAD GIRL  (Read 156524 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2007, 01:57:46 PM »

04/02/06
With the car now sanded down, the day had arrived to get it in paint. We transported the car to the spraybooth we had hired for the day and got stuck into the paint prep. The first things we had to do was wax and grease the entire car and mask up ready for the first colour. The first colour to be sprayed was the blue, so all window cavities underbody and the areas to be Beige were masked off.

Alf then tack ragged everything and started laying on the colour - Holden's Turismo Blue Mica. Another 3 coats of colour were applied at this stage.

The mask covering the Beige was removed, and we remasked the car over the blue, ready to apply the second colour.

Alf then applied another 3 coats of Beige, which is a Ford Delta Beige.

The mask covering the Beige was carefully removed, leaving only the window cavities and underbody still covered.

Alf then applied the 2 pak clear coat over the entire car. Watching the clear go on, the cars colours just zinged to life.

The heat was then turned on, and the car was left in the booth to bake.

Regards
Alex

fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2007, 11:46:00 PM »

;)Nice work Alex,you must have lived with the camera around your neck for most of the build!!very informative i must say,keep up the good work and keep the pics coming......cheers jamie...p.s i like your copyright could you have made it any clearer,,,hehehe
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2007, 01:12:57 AM »

Alex
It sure as shit looks like you, Alfio and the boys put some time into the pain staking pre paint preparation required to get that kind of finish.

Looking good. Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2007, 04:17:52 AM »

4/2/06, this car must have been pretty fresh at the nats.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
TAYZ
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2007, 05:01:13 AM »

looking real good!!!!!!!!  Inspiration, mines off to the panel shop next thursday for a prep, bang out a few dents then a coat of jam, seeing this just makes things more exciting

tayz
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2007, 12:35:38 PM »

I can't believe how the clear coats just lifted the colours.  It's a great story Alex, and great pics.

"You've all done very well"   ("Thank you, Mr Grace.")

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2007, 12:00:24 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments.
Leon....yep, 4/2/06 and still a bit of work ahead of us.

With the car all warm and toasty, it was time to push her out of the booth and into the sunlight for our first real look.

It was then time to load her on the trailer for the trip home, where the work to get her to the Nats in Phillip Island continued.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:03:27 PM by custom_fc » Logged

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2007, 12:51:08 PM »

With the car back at home with it's new paint, it was time to start adding the chrome back onto the car. I love seeing the FC flash go on for the first time, makes the 2 tone dazzle. 25/02/06

Whilst we were working on the paint, we sent our carbies off to Xtreme Fuel Systems for a complete rebuild.

Nigel took very good care of us and our carbies not only ran great, they looked fantastic newly anodized.

Check out their website, they do mail order all over Australia.
http://www.xtremefuelsystems.com.au/

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:53:34 PM by custom_fc » Logged

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2007, 09:59:04 AM »

I will try to move this post along.
8/3/06 We get a phone call and she gets loaded up for a trip to the trimmers for headlining, doortrims, wheel arches, carpet and kick panels. Here she is on her return home.

11/3/06
The car is jacked up onto stands so that we can respay the entire underside of the car with proofcote, cleaning up all the overspray. At this point, all the under car components that were previously sprayed rattle can red have been removed, sandblasted and are getting a new coat of beige.

12/3/06
The motor gets wired and plumbed, ready to be fired up.

The newly painted wheels get some tyres and get bolted up.

Regards
Alex

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 10:21:26 AM by custom_fc » Logged

parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2007, 07:29:49 PM »

Great progress shots Alex.  It's certainly a credit to all involved. Can you post up some of the interior?

regards
Stewart
retro

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2007, 04:06:16 AM »

guys you know ive seen this machine ponder around and never really took notice of its track potential. How does it not strip first gear during take off?Huh also if alex and john wanna come around and help me make my ute as hot as this and tune my motor (with similar head and cam specs) well come on over, john knows where i live and im more than happy to fill the fridge with coldies, and also listen to their advice.

UTE 23k Aka Retro.

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2007, 04:40:47 AM »

Retro
I bet if you offered up that side plate, the boys be in like flin.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
retro

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2007, 08:47:30 AM »

mate that side plate is something that was in the back of the ute when i bought it back in 1999. I forgot i had it until i saw one on ebay.

I have had many ask for it, and  its sorta weird that every one seems to have a rocket cover but not many have the matching side plate.

I like it, so i think i better keep it at the moment.
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2007, 10:04:28 AM »

Let's keep it on topic thanks fellas.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2007, 10:31:58 AM »

Hey Retro.
That sideplate would look cool on our car. You probably wouldn't see much of it with the oil filter conversion though. To help keep it on topic, here's another pic. 21/3/06 Front and rear screens now in place. Almost all chrome on, such as rear bumper, headlights, indicators etc. Rubbers installed all around. All undercar parts previously removed are back on with a fresh coat of beige paint. Not much more to go now before she sees the road.

Regards
Alex

TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: May 19, 2007, 07:20:44 AM »

Hi Alex.I can't stop coming back to look at this car.Quite an incredible transformation from when you picked it up.I love so many things about it,especially the whole nostalgia element.I picked up an all original black FC sedan about 8 months ago and was determined to keep it 100% as it was but since then I have picked up a Warneford twin stromberg manifold the same as yours and early Speco twin exhaust manifolds and alloy rocker cover same as yours.Changing them is not sacrilege to an original car is it?Outside will stay completely original right down to the Nasco sun visor with the only addition being an original set of scratch plates and maybe slightly wider steelies with caps.Great job mate. ;DCheers,Jamie

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
minifcvan
« Reply #76 on: May 19, 2007, 09:12:44 AM »

hi alex..is there a next project for the next nats???
cheers mark
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 19, 2007, 10:00:36 AM »

Hey Jamie.
Thanks for the kind words. We are glad others can appreciate what we were trying to create. As for the hot up bits.....go for it. Better to put them on a car and use them rather than in a cupboard in the garage. Do what you like to the car. If you're concerned about straying from original, be conservative so that anything you do can be changed back.
Hey Mark.
No surprise debut of a new car at the next Nats. The custom is starting to show it's age and may see some components tidied up. Lot's of ideas, hopes and dreams, it all depends on the money.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 10:02:14 AM by custom_fc » Logged

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2007, 06:46:47 AM »

Here's the next update, some pics of the interior.
A big call out to our sponsor, Denniss Motor Trimming, who did all the trim work in the car, from seats, doortrims, rooflining, kickpanels, windlacing, carpets, boot etc. All retrimmed back to the original black and white.

Here's a pic of the dash latout.

If you are looking for a motor trimmer, give John a call. He is able to do restoration work as well as full custom interiors, he can also do repairs to your existing interior. John owns a couple of early Holdens himself, so can understand your needs. Several club members have had work done by John, you won't be disappointed. Call for a very competitive quote.

Denniss Motor Trimming
55 Maud St
Fairfield West
NSW 2165
Phone (02) 9604 6504

Regards
Alex

« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 02:29:51 PM by customFC » Logged

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2007, 04:43:22 AM »

Regards
Alex

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: