FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:50:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The making of a BAD GIRL  (Read 156237 times)
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2006, 11:20:49 AM »

Whilst work progressed on the body, a start was made on the interior. Here are the front and rear seats, just returned from the motor trimmers.
The trimmer was:
Denniss Motor Trimmers
Phone: 02 9604 6504
Address: 55 Maud Street, Fairfield West NSW

The interior was kept in the original black and white colours. John did a great job for us, and is very easy to deal with. I will post some better pics showing the complete interior in place down the track.
These shots taken 21/6/05.
Regards
Alex

Fast_Eddie

Body by Holden. Soul by Fast Eddie.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2006, 01:45:15 AM »

Mike,

The tramp rods were an item that I saw in a mate's shed a couple of years ago that he was not going to use, so I purchased them from him for a FC ute I was building - I had never seen a set before for a FC and thought they were pretty cool.

Unfortunately they fit the u bolt pattern and spring pad on a FC diff, but were not suitable for a HR diff which I ended using in my project.

When I heard about the drag car project that Ted, Craig, John and Alex were involved in I happily donated the tramp rods and some other bits and pieces to the cause.

I'd be very interested, as I'm sure many others would be too, to hear about all the individuals and organisations that donated their time, products or services to this car during its build, particularly now that it is gaining such great press.

How about publishing a list in your next post Alex?

Regards

Edward
Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2006, 08:07:20 AM »

Thanks, Edward.  Like you I think they look pretty cool as well as being functional.  I remember them being a hot after-market item on early Holdens when I was a young bloke.  Wonder how many of our members would be interested in a set if there was someone out there who could manufacture them.   Maybe we could get a plan drawn with dimensions/bits needed etc from those on BAD GIRL?  Cheers,  Mike.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2006, 10:59:35 AM »

Thanks for the info Edward.
Happy to acknowledge those people who helped, that is one of the reasons why this thread was started.
The following people helped John and I in some way, with such things as parts, hands or advice.
Ted Lowe
Craig Alderson
Alfio Musumeci
Dave Baker
Geoff Klimpsh
Geoff Sheaffer
Dick Thomas
Mal Owen
Joe Psala
Richard Thomas
Edward Singleton
Craig Jordan
Craig Wilson
Alan Wall
Ziggy Moseneder
Les Hewart
Graham Fuller
Ken McLean
Tony Mudie
Stewart Dinker
Charles (Chuck)
Brett Fitzpatrick
Shane (SRVlives)
Brad (electrician)
Hopefully those that helped more than others will be acknowledge further as the thread progresses, as will our sponsors.
Many thanks to all.
If I missed anyone, my apologies. Just send me a IM or email and I will add you.

Mike.
I will try to get some detailed pics and measurements so you can have a go at making some Traction Rods of your own.
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 11:36:18 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Sheriff
qld-club

Model: FE

FEs rule!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 09:37:48 AM »

Thanks for that Alex.   I am sure there will be others out there keen to make up a set.   (or have one made). Mike.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2006, 10:27:48 AM »

Time for another update. 30/7/2005.
With the floor done and the rear realigned, the next job was the rear 1/4's. The panels were straightened and the badge holes were welded closed, a small amount of rust welded up and the whole lot was file finished. These shots also show the roof stripped of paint and a few minor dings repaired.

The subframe also received some attention, with the rust cut out and patched up.
Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2006, 11:22:36 AM »

With the shell now straight, rust free and stripped of paint, it was time for some highfill. 19-20/8/05.
Firstly though, the bare metal needed to be treated with deoxodine.....note the gold tinge to the metal.

That's Alfio behind the mask pulling the trigger applying the first layer of hifill.

Guide coat.

Getting exciting now, with the first colour not too far away, but first will be what will end up being many hours of sanding.
Regards
Alex

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2006, 08:43:45 PM »

Alex,
      I look forward to the update every weekend.....very informative thread! Love what you guys have done with the car also....will pm you with a few more questions  Embarrassed

cheers, Torque  Cool

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »

The first areas to see any colour were around the window openings, the door apertures, dash and engine bay. These areas needed to be sanded down, before Alfio sprayed the colour. 20/8/05

Regards
Alex

Rob_Bung

Bunga

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2006, 11:23:58 AM »

Hey fellas,

Have been watching this car for a while as a guest and think you ve done a amazing job. I'm from the Alice and am impressed with the paint, can you give me an idea of how much it cost to paint the car? Alf is a legend, is a he a painter by trade?

Does it add more cost to do the two colour thing because I'm thinking of doing someithing similar with my Fe.

Thanks,

Bunga.
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2006, 07:28:39 PM »

hay Bunga, l am a tradesman for the last 21 years ,my first restos has been from FJ to EJ holden,it take more time of masking of two toning,and cost would be higher than one tone,you need to take care of masking so you do not each other colour mix with each other .thank mate ,Cheers from AlfioM Smiley
Rob_Bung

Bunga

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2006, 08:19:40 PM »

Good on ya Alfio like I said your work looks top class.

The owner must have been wrapped when he came to pick up the car. Wish i was closer so you could do my Fe.

Bunga
the_love_god

DARK & STORMY

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2006, 07:48:17 AM »

Thanks Rob, take care mate hope you do well with you FE ,if you would like to see my car its in the same page were this one is ,look up ALFIOM TERESA CUSTOM 1958 FE ,you will see my new car cheers Alfio
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2006, 09:50:04 AM »

Hey Bunga.
Glad to hear you're enjoying the build.
We were pleased with the paint job that Alfio did for us.
We didn't have to wait till it was done to see it though, we were right there with Alfio watching the colour go on and doing as much of the work and prep as we could, including the masking Alfio mentions. Took her straight back home from the spray booth.
Keep watching as we will show you more of the paint work later, but there is still lots of work to be done before we let Alfio and his spraygun have his way with her.   Cheesy Shocked Grin
Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:53:43 AM by custom_fc » Logged

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2006, 11:20:34 AM »

10/9/05.
With the body of the car ready for the next stage, we turned our attention to the motor. Seen here is the fully rebuilt motor as delivered from one of our major sponsors, HMGem Engines. We gave them the motor from the car and they proceeded to recondition all aspects, and built in a few mods along the way. More details on the specs with the next set of pics. We asked them not to paint it, as we wanted to spray it in 2pak.

Regards
Alex

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2006, 12:47:29 PM »

Keep 'em coming Alex, it's great to see the progress and I think you can see by the number of views everyone appreciates the effort.

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 11:50:20 AM »

As mentioned previously, the motor was reconditioned and modified by HMGem Engines. These guys came on board as a major sponsor, providing the motor for the car as a sponsorship deal. We would like to thank HM Gem, and especially Mick and Jayson for their help in securing the sponsorship and the machineing and assembly of the motor. Check out their site for more info.
http://www.hmgem.com.au/home2.htm

Specifications:
Motor: Holden Grey Motor
·      132.5 ci +
·      Bored 60 thou
·      186 Holden valves
·      Head decked
·      Hardened valve seats
·      Steel cam gear
·      35/75 Cam
·      Balanced
·      Main bearing bridges

Let's continue with the motor.
The motor was cleaned and hit with wax and grease remover, before it was primed.
With everything in primer, including all the bolt on bits, it was time for some colour, classic Holden Grey. 10/9/05.

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 11:15:01 AM by custom_fc » Logged

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2006, 11:12:58 AM »

20/9/05
Before the motor could be put back where it belongs, parts that reside in the enginebay were cleaned up, reconditioned and reinstalled. The motor spent a few days in the sun, baking the paint on whilst this happened.

Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2006, 01:15:38 PM »

OK, let's get this motor ready to go back into the car.
First up, the flywheel gets bolted up.

Then the clutch and pressure plate get bolted and torqued up.

Finally the EJ crashbox mates up.

Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 11:04:50 AM »

26/9/05 Motor goes back into the engine bay, after a slight pause for some pics.
The rear mounts needed some mods to mate up with the EJ brackets.

Regards
Alex

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: