FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:19:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Nationals on the Gold Coast  (Read 5815 times)
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2002, 10:14:41 AM »

Hiya guys,
               I'd love to go to the nats next year,but i dont think my FranCine will be ready.Do they hold one every year or is it biannual or what.
Keen as mustard to get my old girl on the road,but you know how it is.Id rather do it properly.
Thanx guys cheers........BRAD

1959 Black Std sedan
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 04:04:07 AM »

Brad,

The FE-FC Holden Nationals are held every second year.  The last one was in Sydney (2001), and the next is on the Gold Coast, organised by the FE-FC Holden Car Club of Qld.  After that we're off to destinations unknown (somewhere in southern NSW, probably), for the 2005 event to be run by the FE-HR Holden Owners Club of ACT.

So if FranCine is not ready by next Easter, it will be another two years to wait......

Note that you need to be a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia to participate:
  • FE-FC HCC of NSW
  • NSW Mid North Coast FE-FC HCC
  • FE-FC HCC of Qld
  • FE-FC HCC of Vic
  • FE-FC HCC of SA
  • FE-HR HOC of ACT

Other clubs are invited to participate, so if you are a member of one of them you are also welcome.  These include:
  • Southern Sydney Early Holden Car Club
  • FE-HR HOC of Tasmania
  • Holdens of Age (Vic)

If you are a member of another club who would like to participate, you will need to contact the FE-FC HCC of Qld VERY SOON to discuss an invitation for your club.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2002, 10:01:31 AM »

Hi Richard
Just wondering, are non participating club members able to attend the dinner on Friday and Saturday nite, or is it only limited to the entrants? I'm going to try and get up there and was thinking the dinner would be a good time to meet you and all the guys.
Regards
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2002, 11:57:28 PM »

Tony,

That a question that the Qld club should best answer, but I can tell you that at every Nationals our club has organised, we have had a number of non-vehicle entrants: club members who are participating without cars.  I've been one myself!

And then of course there are the entrants whose cars aren't quite finished, or fail to proceed at the last minute and decide (good on them, too Smiley) to come along anyway in their other wheels.

So I would be inclined to enter with the official entry form (so you get all the various goodies).  Because it's a club event, we support all club members who want to participate, whether they can bring a car or not.  After all, it's the social aspects that make the Nationals such a great weekend as much as the cars on display.

More power to you for wanting to be part of it.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2002, 11:18:23 AM »

Thanks Richard
I'll put in an entry form and participate as a non-vehicle entrant. Hopefully the old bus will be finished by 2005 Grin
Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2002, 06:12:25 AM »

Ithink i'll do the same Tony,
See you guys there. Grin
BRAD....

1959 Black Std sedan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)