FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:15:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCCOOL KUSTOM WAGON REBUILD for Mt Gambier?  (Read 161451 times)
Just40
qld-club

I cant fix my brakes, so I made my horn LOUDER

just40fe
View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2007, 10:11:01 PM »

way to go,been guilty of around the block as soon as the motor goes in too,sound bloody nice too.

Damo58

old holdens never die they just go faster  :)

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2007, 08:18:28 PM »

man cant wait to here it when it is completed keep the posts comming as us tassie people dont get to see all the cool cars that often

Cheers Damo58

Iam good just ask me Smiley
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2007, 08:50:50 PM »

good hotty sixs sound so sweet Cool
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »

Great to see the progress.
You'd have to have the most anticipated car on the forum, if you count both threads over 22,000 hits.
Remember March 2005 ??
http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,6186.0.html

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2007, 10:34:11 PM »

yeah its been draggin on for a while,i have met alot of people at events and they say " are you that guy building the holden in your driveway?"
 I am pretty disapointed with not getting anything done today, i really need to get stuck into it, looks like i am going to be doing a lot of my bog in summer weather  Sad
 Anyway it felt pretty good driving up the road in the FC again after having it sit for so long as a bare shell and cut to peices and welded back up, it seemed to drive well with all its new bits and there was i nice breeze coming in were the windscreen normally goes.

matty martin

matty martin

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2007, 08:08:40 AM »

hey leon, (fccool)...

its matty martin from ekfb forum, just finished reading your lifes story... wow, you have achieved alot mate, also in some poor woork conditions... anyway i'll be watching closely from now on...

hey where did you get that rocket cover from... i NEED one...

found any close up pics of your door button for me yet...

thanks
matty martin

go the wagons
BundyFC

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 30, 2007, 10:21:05 PM »

Man,
you are a farking insperation to all us fellas out ther hacking away for months on end, i'm just stunned at how fat the build is for ya driveway.  Shocked

i got to tell ya, i went out a scorced a FC wagon after first reading this post a few weeks ago.

so now,it's time to build a Tuff red motor,had a ripped 14 years back it went like a cut snake in a little LC Torana. ( just bought another LC today  Grin )

so ay gteing an old fella off his ass and playing in the back yard again man, thanks. Grin

Kind Regards, Brett ( BundyFC )
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 30, 2007, 10:43:35 PM »

Hi Leon
Its great to see your car making the major forward movement, it has been awhile since you last drove it, seem that you had a little difficulty reversing the old girl back down the driveway.

But hay who wouldnt like to stay out on the street blowing away a few rice burners with that sweet sensation.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
BundyFC

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 31, 2007, 01:49:08 AM »

Hay,
is ther any chance of giveing us a more detailed run down on whats been done to the donk,am very keen to learn more.
Kind Regards, Brett - BundyFC  Grin
matty martin

matty martin

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 11, 2008, 07:55:53 AM »

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY,

leon, whats been happening to the wagon of late...

any progress...

matty martin

go the wagons
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2008, 09:39:24 AM »

Leon did you get the SC14 mounted up yet I may have a manifold to suit a DCOE Weber that may suit you..[not my IDF Weber set up off my blower ].......FC427.........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 22, 2008, 12:49:53 AM »

well i was about to start making brackets, then i started thinking maybe i should just go with the m90, i then pulled the bonnet down, the sc14 is still sitting in the bay from when i was going to start taking measurements.

I have taken the week off to try finishing of the bodywork but it seems its just going to keep raining all week so ive been shopping and trying to clean out the garage to make usable space, we had a clean up last week were i chucked a bit and then i filled another bin on sunday night with mainly broken crap laying around.
 went shopping, had to go to penrith to get some washers, then homebush to get some sewing mashine needles then blacktown to get some o rings etc etc, a big day of running around to get a handful of stuff.
here is a pic of the front, i still need to do a bit more work on the areas between the headlight and bonnet.

here it is on the road.

trying to decide weather to keep the flash, the two tone bit is going to tricky at the back now with the new tail lights, also trying to decide on wich blower i will run.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 22, 2008, 01:03:46 AM »

Hay,
is ther any chance of giveing us a more detailed run down on whats been done to the donk,am very keen to learn more.
Kind Regards, Brett - BundyFC  Grin
gee, its been so long since i put it together, i cant remember, it has

179 block bored and tunnel bored and o ringed

3.3 crank machined for 179 and balanced.

3.3 rods, closed, honed,

acl race series bearings,

camtech blower cam ( i can get you the specs if you need)

straight cut timming gearset

solid lifters

manley pushrods

yella terra yt 5008 rockers on ARP studs with yella terra guide plates (dont use the yella terra guide plates in a FC becuase you have have a pain in the arse with rockers covers)

ARP main studs

ARP conrod bolts

acl race series pistons (with the dish machined further for lower cr)

copper head gasket

jp hv pump

ported 12 port head with pep pro os valves, chambers ccd (for lower cr)

ARP head bolts

crane cams hi 6 trc ignition.

Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 22, 2008, 07:38:16 PM »

Leon,

I dig the front sheet metal.  Cool

It reminds me of those factory concept cars the Yanks used to do in the 50s and 60s.

Surely this has to be one of the most (if not the MOST) anticipated car on the forum.

Keep up the good work.

Kind regards,

Ol_Girl_58
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 22, 2008, 07:41:31 PM »

One more thing Leon,

How low is this car, and what are the wheel dimensions? Do you have any clearance/turning issues?

It looks cool  Cool

Cheers,

Ol_Girl_58
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 22, 2008, 08:46:00 PM »

i only have 185 75 13 tyres, i want to go 14 but am worried about it getting to high, i did have clearance issues with the tailshaft, i have opened the tunnel up at the back a little and just welded in a filler peice abou 1" wide, i will find out if that help, i also chewed out the front bump stops, i now have shorter ones, a couple of times on full lock coming into my driveway ive herd something like a tyre scrape, but my wifes calais with fe2 suspension does it all the time, other than that the exhuast can scrape easy, i get around this by having air shocks hooked up to a compressor with a valve in the dash.
 I now have a much thicker sway bar on the front and no space for one at the rear so i need to work out some kind of valve set up for the rear shocks so the pump up even but dont transfer air from one side to the other on the bends.
 my rear springs were reset about 2 1/2" lower, then i got the eyes reversed, lowering blocks are 2", it must be 5 or six" lower, still looks high so i am going to get some lakes pipes.

I have a mate up in newcastle with a very low car, here is a link to it.
http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2518&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
he has cut the tunnel out and replaced it, iits a seriously lowered car, the crossmember is cut and boxed.

Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 22, 2008, 08:58:29 PM »

fcool,
I don't see how the rim diameter has any effect on your tailshaft clearance.
Are you trying to get a bigger rolling diameter with lower profile tyres, or .......
If you want your car on the ground just select lower profile 13 tyres, or delete the tyre altogether ......
Confused... GeoffK
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: April 22, 2008, 08:59:08 PM »

hey leon, just to let you know that when i ran 15's i used 195x50 x15 on the front and 225x55x15 on the rear this brought the rolling diameter back to original specs  ( i think it was out by 3 mm on the rear only front was so close to orig it didnt matter )

just something to keep in mind.

ther are a nice set of 15's to suit early holden stud pattern on evil bay at the moment but they are very dear.

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 22, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »

Thanks for the info, Leon.

That EK in the link you posted is insane ...
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 22, 2008, 10:02:02 PM »

nah, i want nice big sidewalls no less than 70, any less just looks to modern on a old car imo, i want to run steel chrome wheels with crossplys for shows and low speed runs, 14 is the cheapest way to go becuase you can get after market chrome old style chevy wheels in chrome for $200 each. Alternative is to chrome some hr ones wich requires finding late model 13" outer donor rims, having them chromed, welded and trued.
 bigger wheel diametre means you need to raise the axle height to keep the car at the same height.
plan is to one day own some wheels and tyres like these-

photo's from- http://public.fotki.com/Rikster/

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: