FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:07:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCCOOL KUSTOM WAGON REBUILD for Mt Gambier?  (Read 161255 times)
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2007, 08:19:18 AM »

ok stinky, here it is, i havent done heaps, i reprimed the roof, i rubbed it down just with some dry poweder guidecoat and was amazed how bad the roof was but it was originally primed the day i finished striping it becuase the car stays outside overnight. we are getting mega due here and i already have some rust spots showning on one corner of the roof, i will strip that back soon and try and work out what happened.

i had a bit of a break, or just kinda slowed down a bit as i had been spending too much time on the car and not enough with the family.
I started putting the engine together and spotted a crack in the block, i contacted the engine shop and they assured me it is a common crack and they dont break so i put the haed on, here is a pic were the crack is, its to blurry to see it but its between the water jacket and stud hole.

i got this BIG leak in the roof of my new shed too-

soon these guards will be welded to the car!

here is the latest pic of the fron, yesterday-

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2007, 09:20:16 AM »

looking good leon keep up the good work

cheers fat

fatboy
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2007, 09:35:37 AM »

Great work with the car Leon, I think the garage needs some attention though  Shocked nothing a roll or three of 100mph tape wouldn't fix  Grin

colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2007, 10:31:23 AM »

Leon, that looks so good! Can't wait for the grille!
Colin

colt
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2007, 07:50:06 PM »

Wink

Leon,

Working in conditions like that and producing the results you do ,you deserve a big pat on the back. Keep it up, and like everyone else I can't wait to see the end result. Good on ya.

Rusty
graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2007, 10:31:01 AM »

Keep going Leon your doing a great job. The wagon will be awesome when its finished.
Cheers,
Graham
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2007, 12:03:24 PM »

Leon
Gee that new shed has taken a beating, I did not realise that cyclone when that far down the coast. Maybe you could put in a natural disaster claim to have the classic car workshop rebuild.

Its been a long hard road your taking but you will get there 3 rd time luck Jindabyne, Philip Island Mount Gambier look out here come FCCOOL.

Hope I am there to finaly meet you the family and car.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: June 04, 2007, 11:08:18 PM »

got a couple of days off work, cant believe it didnt rain, back again tomorrow.
then back off at the end of the week to head to wintersun, wish i could tow the car up and keep working on it up there.

it was a releif to find the headlights screw up into there spots, first time i tried them in with screws. top head light is in a deaper holder and the bucket is on a funny angle to compensate for the angle of the headlight surround leaning forward and canted, wont know how well it works till i can get it into work and check them on our headlight alingning thingo.

now having problems as the rocker cover doesnt fit with the headstud nuts and guide plates.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2007, 11:19:58 PM »

Do you have any reliefs cut into the rocker cover to allow for the roller rockers? I had to modify my Thomas Cover to suit the Yella Terra rockers I have.
Thanks to one of the other forum members (whose name escapes me right now) I have some pics of where to "operate". Do you want me to send them through?

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2007, 11:30:35 PM »

Stinky,
the rocker cover does have some bits that are machined out but it still hits down the distributor side i think on the guide plates and possibly the rockers too, if you send some pics it might be a help becuase i can then see if they are in the same spot.
did you have yt rockers or street terra?
did you you guide plates?
i wanted a thomas cover but this is what i had and these are supposed to have more height to clear roller rockers but it wont go on.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 05, 2007, 03:23:48 AM »

Hey Leon,

Looks like may hours spent in the front clip, its starting to take shape.

Are yours Crane or YT roller rockers?  I just bought myself some Crane items which are adjustable.  I was surprised at how the adjustment is made... by turning the nut on the mounting stud.

i would have thought an adjustable pushrod seat would be the go.. maybe on the higher end models?

the engine painted grey is a neat touch.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Guru

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2007, 04:54:24 AM »

Stinky,
the rocker cover does have some bits that are machined out but it still hits down the distributor side i think on the guide plates and possibly the rockers too, if you send some pics it might be a help becuase i can then see if they are in the same spot.
did you have yt rockers or street terra?
did you you guide plates?
i wanted a thomas cover but this is what i had and these are supposed to have more height to clear roller rockers but it wont go on.

I think they are Street Terras, the motor was built a very long time ago  Roll Eyes
The email is on it's way.

yeprat1

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2007, 05:29:10 PM »

hi there have u got an more info on that commodore supercharger on the 6 im curious
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: July 18, 2007, 08:28:11 AM »

just noticed my rebuild was getting so dead that it had slipped down to the second page, its just too cold to get anything done now.

That m90 supercharger is just sitting on a 4bbl manifold, lots needs to be done to fit it up and probably some expensive outside fabrication but i finally get to see how it fits and that i have room around it to go either efi or carb without too much drama, i could still start of with the toyota blower or just run it with a carb na till i get the m90 set up.
its probably a bit early to put the motor in but i need any space i can get, i now have the car squeezed in the shed thanks to the extra room but its still too packed to work on the car in there, just in time but, i pulled the tarp off the car on saturday morning and found the tarp was holding water on the primer and inside the roof wich is still bare metal was all wet with condensation, with the thick ice weve had on the cars here this week in the morning it would have been a tough week for the FC in the driveway.

[ Edit by RET: Photobucket has done something really weird with the URLs lately, with this ¤ funky stuff in them. If you remove the " ?view=t¤ " string from them, they seem to work as usual. No extra charge Wink ]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 08:59:02 AM by ret » Logged

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: July 18, 2007, 09:17:38 AM »

by the way, the rocker cover is sticky taped on, it still doesnt fit, ive been um'n and are'n about this http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-6CLY-ROCKER-COVERS-EH-HR-HQ-COMMODORE_W0QQitemZ110149717233QQihZ001QQcategoryZ50139QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i just am not sure about the look.

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 04, 2007, 10:11:09 PM »

Hi Leon
I thought I would give you a bit of a kick start, Whats going on with FCCOOL, we have not had an update for a couple of weeks not and I am a little curious.

Cheers Jim

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2007, 07:11:51 PM »

Ok Leon
Its been a month and one day since your last update whats going on.

Cheers Jim

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 20, 2007, 12:28:53 PM »

I'm guessing Leon is working on the FC this week..... because it's pouring in Sydney again!! Grin Grin

FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 20, 2007, 04:29:38 PM »

I guess in one way thats a good thing "RAIN' thats is. Not that good for Leons rebuild.

Cheers Jim

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 20, 2007, 11:37:35 PM »

well, i got sick of trying to fit that rocker cover and lashed out on the sheetmetal rocker cover that is supposed to clear all.
 its well made and comes with bolts and a thermostat housing extension but the friggin thing doesnt clear the arp head stud nuts.
 i give credit to those with hot motors that got things to fit on it, its like all the performance parts are only made to fit with standard motors.
 i can tighten it down and it sits 3-4mm above the gasket!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: