FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:24:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FCCOOL KUSTOM WAGON REBUILD for Mt Gambier?  (Read 163056 times)
MalFE
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 10:03:22 AM »

Hi Leon,

To prevent the moisture reaching the gun, I used a long hose with the receiver-dryer attached to the gutter of the house. (the higher the better).

Regards,
Mal.
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2006, 08:44:41 AM »

front end is now boxed under the snout.

here is a new transmission crossmember on the right to suit the changes under the car wich I had fabricated by jaymetals in seven hills for $40.
A bit of a missunderstanding led to incorrect measurements wich would leave the transmissoin sitting 8mm to low at the back so I might make a aliminium shim, I would have got them to redo it but it looked too pretty so I just went with it.

crossmember on the left is the old one, reason I had to get it done outside was becuase you need a massive press to fold 5mm steel, up till now pretty much everything else was made in my driveway.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2006, 12:20:24 PM »

another update, pic is a bit dark, here I have strung up the front end so I could paint it in one go but the gravity feed gun didnt like painting the bottom like this so I now need to do it in two go's.

Bad kitty, all my doors now have cat piss damage, one was ready to prime with filler in wich now will have to come out, now I know why alex microwaves them.

here I cut holes to put in the plate and nut for the seatbelts, not thinking, I forgot that I wanted the seatbelts low and proceeded to cut the holes up were the old belts were, after cutting the holes I took a step back and remembered so then I had to cut another hole down low and fill that top one. but then the bottom one seemed to low so Im gonna chop down the back legs on the front seats.

I lost a whole day making a flush pushbutton for the door,, sometimes I get to lazy to measure things and this button turned out a disaster, I couldnt really find suitable bolts being a sunday and the smooth part of the bolt was two long, if you tried to fit this button it would sit 1/2 a inch to far out, the spring has been left uncut here, they cost $5.50 each so i dont want to cut it till i know everything is rite but the button part of this will probably be heading for the bin. I had a magazine with a article on how to do this but I lost it.

Notice the way the key hole is cut out, this door is the drivers door of my old fe wich was a standard sedan, my seats, engine, dash and drivers door are all of the FE so now it will be like I am driving the two in one.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 10:14:45 AM »

Hey Leon.
Nice to see progress.
The joys of owning a &*$#@ CAT!!
Discovered a new use for the cat.
When you finally get around to painting the car, strap the cat to the buffer and save $$$ on buffing pads. If you accidently drop the buff, it will always land cat up and avoid damage.  Wink Grin
Oh, if you can't wait for the paint stage, try this link.

http://www.petrest.com.au/

Regards
Alex
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 10:20:45 AM by custom_fc » Logged

fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 11:02:43 AM »

thanks Alex, I'll send them a email regarding prices and see if I can get something sorted asap.

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2006, 04:41:20 AM »

Leon,.

I sent you a 8.5MB PDF guide on buttons.

hope you get it OK and i didnt stall your POP server.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2006, 07:15:47 AM »

;)hey leon heres my cheap and easy way to fix the cat problem!!!!cheers jamie
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2006, 11:37:14 AM »

Leon,

Catch it and ware it as a hat.Like Danniel Boon and the "Coon Skin" (Thats Racoon Skin)

Rusty.

Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2006, 08:29:53 PM »

;)hey leon heres my cheap and easy way to fix the cat problem!!!!cheers jamie

What, scare them to death with acid wash denim slacks, flip-flops and socks and a weird hat ?  Tongue Grin Grin

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2006, 08:59:30 PM »

looks Like an Ivan Milat dress up party.

in the shed
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2006, 06:30:53 AM »

;)yeah but i wouldnt tell him that if that handpiece was pointed at my head!!!hehehe Wink
fccool59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2006, 09:47:49 AM »

I took a week of starting from last friday, havent got anything done yet, went to ross engineering to find out about getting pulleys made and they said I will need a threaded hole put in the end of the crank to put a bolt in otherwise its going to spit the balancer and pulley, main hassle there is I cant get the friggin engine back into the car to take it somewere to get done so the crank will probably have to come back out.
the whole time Ive had off the car has been getting saturated with the rain and wind and it looks like I will now have to take of all the primer as rust is starting to show through in a few spots. ive now used all my holisays and wont be able to get time of again till the middle of summer.
I thought rather than let time get wasted today I would go and replace as many bolts as possible with stainless, I went to mr stainless in drumoyne wich was a bit of a mission to find and park and when I finally got there with my big bag of nuts and bolts the dickhead didnt want to serve me becuase it was 20 minutes to closing time and told me to go to the boat shop next door to get my nuts and bolts, I walked out and lit a smoke and a customer walked out of the shop and said dont worry about that wanker, if you get anything he will rob you anyway and recomended a place in penrith.
My landlord rang while I was gone and said he is coming on thursday to do some repairs, Looks like I will be using the days left to clean up and try to somehow hide the FC and vk that we keep saying wont be sitting there next time.
Making things worse I get stuck inside with my missus for 4 days being roasted about how much time I spend on the car instead of the family, this is how most of the day is usually spent when I do get clear weather anyway and it sure makes it hard to get motivated, ive been trying to get the thing to a rolling stage so I can try and squeeze it in the shed so at least if I had a break from it, it would be safe from the weather.
Anyway I quit, the car is probably worth more in parts than as a hole as nearly everything is new in packets and cost heaps, I doubt I will get half of what the motor cost me.
I might get something later on the road like another old holden or maybe even a cadillac or something but at this stage of my life its too hard to rebuild a car, I could have bought a good caddy now with the money thats gone into the pile of shit in the driveway and I wouldn't have wasted nearly two years of my life.
Anyway, time to get pissed.

Revhead_Fc
nsw-club

just put a chev in it

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2006, 10:01:47 AM »

Hey Leon the place in penrith is called Nepean Boltmaster 42 Borec Rd Penrith 47223034 ive used them heaps and they always are really helpfull and dont mind chasing different bolts and they are reasonbly priced
Ben
TAYZ
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2006, 10:11:02 AM »

Dont even think about quitting leon.............
HARKO
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2006, 10:18:14 AM »

Get it in the bloody shed Leon  Roll Eyes then take a break for a bit .
Surely you can arrange 4 blokes to lift it in and fill it full of the junk that is currently in the shed.

People dont give up on their wives when they get too hard to deal with do they OH NO !, They replace them untill they realise what they lost  Grin
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 07:55:54 AM »

i'm with Harko

Don't allow yourself the luxury of thinking it is only two years of your life that has been wasted.What about the rest of us who have been following this project for the last two years?

Ok so the boss is giving you grief over it, is this the only thing she has ever hasseled you about?Wasn't she even helping out at one stage?Just tell her about all the good times the whole family will be able to enjoy once it is finished. Didnt she have a good time at Phillip Island?

Get the car under cover,take a short break,spend the time with the tribe and then get back into it later with renewed vigour.

Here endeth the lesson Smiley

I hope i haven't come across as too harsh. That is not my intenton. I understand what a bit of depression can feel like and would hate to see you regret things later on.

Just my tuppence worth.

Denis
GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 09:06:08 AM »

Hey Leon, remind Michelle how good it was criusing in my car at the nationals, and let her know that it took me 13 years to create my car. Just persavere.
                cheers Scott
FC_Driver
nsw-club

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 09:09:29 AM »

hi Leon
I haven,t any answers Sad.
As anyone who knows me knows full well that I can,t do a fraction of the things that you can do. Actually I would have trouble pulling a car apart let alone rebuilding one.
Yes I for one would love to see your car back in the carpark at club meetings etc, but only you can decide as to what track you take from this point.
Whatever decission you make I admire your determination so far. I like a lot of others  hope to see you & your family in a FC in the future.
Good Luck
Bruce

Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 10:17:32 PM »

Stick with it Leon,

Good things take time.

take your time to plan the jobs and give things priority.

What i do is make a list.
top priority at top of page.
BODY
-strip paint
-fix rust in doors
-finish headlights

MOTOR
-make pulleys

ETC ETC.

although it can appear daunting initially when you start ticking off the tasks it does feel good.

Also, only start jobs according to space limits. like you i had no garage and my wagon was under an awning enclosed by tarps.

I would only do 1 panel at a time and made sure each panel was etched before storage for the following week.

it is slow but avoids duplication of effort.

don't give up on it, the world needs to see your creation.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Rusty_T
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 11:13:13 PM »

Leon,

I'm with Ed.It all takes time and is very frustrating at times.I started on the resto/ mod on my wagon in about 2002 or 3. It is starting to look a bit like a car now which makes me want to finish it as soon as I can, but I have no intention of rushing it and buggering something. So, put it away for a while and take it up at a later date, but don't give up.

Cheers Rusty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: