FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 07:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Door lock / catch  (Read 1511 times)
FC229

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2006, 09:53:19 AM »

The "detent and push button lever spring" which holds the "rotary bolt" on my drivers door lock has broken. Rare Spares don't stock the spring, so it looks like I'm up for a 2nd hand lock, or I'd be happy with just the spring.
Alternatively, is it possible to buy lengths of spring steel and bend it to suit?
Any help would be appreciated, as I can't afford to have it off the road for long
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 10:28:32 AM »

If you post a photo of exactly what you need, I currently am wrecking 2 fc sedans which will have what you need. Cheers Slim

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
FC229

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 10:18:21 AM »

Thanks for the replies, (PM's) I managed to get a lock locally. Also I have been told to try piano wire to make springs, so I'll try that on the spare. If anyone else wants to try it let me know, I'll have plenty to spare and will happily post small pieces.

I finally had time to play with the photo bucket so I've added the link to the scan from the manual that I used the jargon from, to see if it works for me.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/FC229/HOLDEN/f65fbed6.jpg
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: