FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 07:17:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: iHR FRONT END ENGINE MOUNTS  (Read 3293 times)
Penguin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2006, 06:28:21 AM »

I intend to fit an HR front end to my FC sedan which has a standard grey motor and gearbox. As I intend to fit a 179 HP later, I would like to weld the engine mounts on now for the red motor/grey gearbox. Does anyone know the exact position for this?

I have disc brake stub axles for the swap but I am not sure if they are HR or LC Torana. Does it make any difference?

Thanks in advance.
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:57:10 PM »

Although I still a novice to some of the guys here, who may say otherwise, the HR cross the mounts need to be moved back about 100mm.
http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=hotup;action=display;num=1138185369

shows a good photo of one installed and

http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=hotup;action=display;num=1141898408;start=0

shows where my mounts are and need to be moved rearward (they're ground off now) but the out rigger is removed so the one from a n EJ I have can be welded on. This is a better fit then the HR outrigger.
hope it helps

But I still have not obtained new red motor mounts, so If any one can help PENGUIN and I on where the best place to buy red mounts, let us know

Penguin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 09:24:59 AM »

Thanks nes138 for that info. I've also been looking on the EH car club site and found that HR, LH Torana or HQ stub axles are all suitable for the conversion.
Cheers.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:54:11 AM »

did they tell you if you can use HQ rims insted of the HR?
my Bro has a set and wants to chuck em but i'm stealin em if they fit

Penguin

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:21:02 AM »

If you want to run the HQ rims you need to go with the HQ discs and stub axles on the front, as HR is a different stud pattern. Not sure what to do on the back though - early commodore diff maybe? An easier option for 14" rims is the HK-T-G rims which are the same pcd as the HR. In that case I assume you would use the HR or LH-LX discs and stubs.
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 08:36:05 AM »

do the bare rims look the same?

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2006, 09:44:03 AM »

It is preferable not to use the Torana stub axles as they will give you the wrong camber settings and mess up the steering geometry somewhat.  HQ stub axles are OK if they are used with HK/T/G steering arms

Ken
MikeM
wa-club

My v6 "upgrade" was about better brakes :(

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2006, 09:55:26 PM »

Bare rims look the same but wont take your original Hubcaps without a screw holding it in
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: