FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 03:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC search  (Read 3021 times)
Phil_K

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2006, 05:30:27 AM »

Does anyone know whether a Silver and Black FC, NSW rego FC 5859 is still alive?  

I sold it to a guy in Albion Park years ago, but he may have moved to QLD.  I'm interested because it was my first restore job with many hours spent.

Phil K
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2006, 10:22:32 AM »

Hi Phil , Where are you located ?
I may know where the car is ,A guy in Oak flats has one sitting in his back shed that just might be it .
I remember him saying he did live in Albion Park when he was younger and at a guess he would have bought it when he was in his mid to late 20s.
Think it had a HR front end too.
Give me some details on the car and if it seems to be the same one I will chase up the guy's details for you.
Give me a good run down on the car and if possible the guy's name you sold it to aswell.

Sounds promising huh Smiley
Phil_K

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 04:15:11 AM »

G'day Harko,

Thanks for the info.
I'm located in Sydney (Picnic Point).  

I don't remember the guys name who bought the car but he was a martial arts instructor and his wife was a nurse at the hospital south of Wollongong.

I bought the car originally from an old guy in Cronulla.  It was a typical grey and white special with plenty of rust in the sills and cross members, which I found out later.

After many hrs it transformed into a Silver and Black modified FC, even though this wasn't the original intention.  It had a 138 red motor, mildly worked,Datsun 240k 5 speed, HR disc brake front end, lots of small mods like stereo mounted behind the dashboard speaker grill etc.  A mate with a trim shop had re trimmed inside.  

I have often wished I never sold it, but as a 20 year old wanting to do up a 56 Chev I had bought, it had to go Sad

Thanks again,

Phil
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 04:26:34 AM by Phil_K » Logged
HARKO
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 09:22:10 AM »

Hi Phil bad news mate ,Its not the same car ,This one out here was factory black and he wishes he could do Martial arts or even have a wife that could fix him if he couldnt hehe.
He owned then sold it to a mate when they were 18 and bought it back 20 years later , Sorry but good luck and I'll keep an ear to the ground for ya .
Phil_K

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 10:56:56 AM »

G'day,

Thanks anyway.

Phil
parisian62

Feelin free, in a 61 FB.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:04:18 AM »

Phil,

Do you know the VIN/chassis number?  If so you can submit under Freedom of Information at the RTA a form requesting that they contact the owner of the car on your behalf.  If the owner is interested the RTA can provide them your contact details so they can contact you.   This method only searches NSW not other States.

I used this as one of the ways I successfully tracked down my Grandads EK wagon about 5 or so years ago. It cost about $30.

Good luck
Stewart
Phil_K

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2006, 01:16:43 PM »

Stewart,

Thanks for the info, I probably have some old rego papers somwhere, I'll give it a go.

Phil
FC229

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 09:41:16 AM »

There was a wagon in these colours for sale for quite a while in Wollongong only a couple of years ago. Don't know whether it ended up selling. I don't suppose that helps all that much!!! :-/ :-/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: