FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:51:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: wanted car rotisserie hire/lend??  (Read 5019 times)
yogie

Geelong Vic

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2006, 01:31:15 AM »

Hi chaps, I'm after a car rottiserie see link, for the kind I need.   http://www.fbekholden.com/gallery/album06/Rawls_redguard1small  so if your got in Vic, for lend/hire or even plans for one, let me know, I've nearly got all the bits and pieces to get the shell back to how the good general intended it to be and will have a few extra's  Grin And has anyone here fitted a bigger tranny hump before and does that effect the crossmember supports in any way. Thanks chaps!!!
minifcvan
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2006, 01:39:13 AM »

hi mate theres one on ebay at the moment under fb/ek cheers mark
minifcvan
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 01:42:03 AM »

here you go...http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FB-EK-FC-FE-ROTISSERIE-BUILT-TO-SUIT-FB-EK-UTE_W0QQitemZ4624370623QQcategoryZ32058QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem cheers mark
yogie

Geelong Vic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2006, 01:46:33 AM »

yeah I spotted that one, I see he's dropped the price by $200. But I'd prefer the other type if I have to pay... Grin
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2006, 03:11:14 AM »

I know the bloke who is selling the above mentioned one on ebay.I've bought some FB/EK parts from him and have seen the rotisserie in the flesh so to speak.He has put quite a deal of design into it although I have not actually seen it in use so can't comment as to whether it is easy to use or not.He reckoned there was $500 worth of steel in these rotisseries, Shocked Shocked :oHe's abandoned his EK ute project and selling it for parts including the rotisserie.
I'd like to buy the the rottiserie but can't extricate enough funding from the Kitchen Dragon for the money to purchase.

I'm thinking of making one similar to yogie's link on FB/EK gallery but instead of having it square sided I thought I'd make it into a perfect circle therefore easier to roll.A couple of wheel chocks (or similar) would keep it in postion and stop it from rolling around (all in theory!! )

I did make one a few years ago for a mate who wanted to work on a Bathurst XU1 LC Torana body.It was based on modified engine stands but according to him it didn't work too well however I suspect his methods of use may have been more a part of the problem than the design.
Engine stands can be bought cheap nowdays and modified so that might be another idea for you yogie.

Hope these ideas help,

Terry.

Has anybody seen my red pen??
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 08:17:48 AM »

im about to make another one for my ute that im doing up as well. ill take some pics and measurements and get them posted in the next couple off weeks . by the way the first one i built was using engine stands from repco works well i can turn the van over by myself
cheers fatboy

fatboy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: