FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 08:24:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Riding bump stops  (Read 1723 times)
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« on: March 20, 2006, 10:54:16 AM »

The FE had a wheel alignment on Saturday and the guys doing it pointed out that the car was sitting on the upper bump stops?
My guess is that the springs are too long  Huh.
It's a HR front-end, with as many new bits that are available and CRS drop spindles.

They also pointed out that the tie-rod ends only just had a thread into the nylon in the lock-nut, which I will probably get done for in the rego inspection. The tie-rod ends are supposedly HR, should I be fitting something else, because they are at maximum adjustment in relation to the steering gear too.

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 11:48:53 AM »

The wheel aligment guys should have been able to explain why it had a problem, gee young mechanics these days!
A stab in the dark, maybe your springs are too long and the tie rods are on a angle meaning they have to reach further.
Does it have a unusual ride at the front?
sounds like you will have to fix it and realign it now, hopefully they will give you a cheaper price next time if you go back soon enough.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 12:43:56 PM »

I had a couple of recommendations to go the place that I did. Surprising the younger of the two blokes was the most helpful, with the older guy needing help from the younger to do the job. It was getting on for closing time too and I got the feeling they were keen to see the back of me.
The springs are from a wreckers and supposed to be standard height HR, does anyone have a height measurement for standard HR springs?
At the moment I am happy with the ride height all around so I may have to go back to standard stub axles and lowered springs  Roll Eyes.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: