FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 08:26:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: COLD CHISEL -  FC UTE !  (Read 5840 times)
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2006, 05:04:51 AM »

I guess I'm younger than I thought, but turned on Foxtel at work today, and saw the video clip to Cold Chisel's "Flame Trees".....and couldn't believe my eyes......a really nice ( and I guess sort of newish ) FC Holden Ute.

Those who can remember better than me will know this of course, but for me, I had no idea of video clips back in 1984...then again I was only 11 or 12.

One thing I noticed though, was it had a Black horn button similar to an EK.

It was definately black as it was a colour shot, and the ute was featured quite a bit in the clip, along with an EH/ EJ and others.

Does anyone remember this ?

Mark

Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 05:40:04 AM »

:DHi Mark, Can't quite remember the flame tree video but Crowded House's "Weather" (or "Take the weather" or something like that) has a FC sedan in it - check it out next time.  Cheers Hotlips  Wink

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 07:10:50 AM »

I'm not much older than you Mark, but I remember the clip, with the ute approaching from the other side of undulating hills.

But newish?  1984? Roll Eyes

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 07:36:31 AM »

Yeah that's the one !

Newish....fair call Ret, but given that was 22 years ago, I'm thinking FC's were a bit more plentiful and in better (newish) condition than they are today.

I guess, that ute would have been 25 years old at best, but thats like filming a VC Commodore......ho hum...commodore !

I just want to check out the clip again.

And what's with the horn button....I don;t want to open up the old can of horn button worms again, but would it have been black being a commerical vehicle or maybe just a modification on a 25 year old ute ?

Mark
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 10:06:07 PM »

Only one horn-button design for all, irrespective of centre colour variations.  A black one is more likely to be an FB or EK button.  They last so much better than FE/FC ones.  I don't remember the clip that well :-/  As you said, 22 years ago...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 11:18:19 PM »

I have the dvd of Cold Chisel"visions"(huge fan of em, seen them play at festival hall not long ago , sensational concert) and the ute even has a demister suctioned capped to the drivers side windscreen , can remember my father having one on his FC wagon ,
                                  Cheers Rusty

Bogans rule
steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2006, 12:00:54 AM »

Remember the clip well,the first time i saw it was when my 2 year old daughter was standing in front of the telly screaming fevy car fevy car(which is what she called fc's)
Does any body know the car???
Deano

FE and FC"S rule.
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2006, 04:23:07 AM »

What a bunch of tragics!

Who can remember what Marcello Mastroianni drove in La Dolce Vita, eh?   Grin

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 07:31:11 AM »

John,

I reckon Marcello drove the "Dart"   Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 08:50:46 AM »

;)what a bizzare topic as last night i had a guy come over and wanted to by some grey motor stuff,he turned up in a ek ute not a bad one either,he started telling me about the history of his new toy and as it turned out the ute used to belong to Paul hester of crowded house fame,and was his daily driver until he took his life a short while ago!!!how bizzare ;)jamie
Chisel

Flame Trees

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2006, 10:41:51 AM »

Hi. Cold Chisel are my favorite band as can be seen by my forum name. I saw the Flame Trees film clip in 1984 and as such a couple of years later I purchased an FC ute from an old farmer who used it to round up sheep. It cost me $100. Several months later I got another FC ute (not going) from a mate for $150 then an FE sedan for $40 (yes forty dollars.) They have sat on our farm since then with out any work being done on them... Until now. I have always promised myself that I would do up the FC to look like the one on Flame Trees - so now that I am 37 years of age - I think its time to restore old 'Chisel". I guess I will be a regular contributor to this site from now on. Stay tuned...
Thanks.... Greg
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2006, 11:11:16 AM »

Cold Chisel and an FC ute hmmmm .... doesn't get much better (and Australian) than that. Cool "The last FC out of Melbourne's almost gone ......" Grin Tongue Tongue

Chisel - Welcome to the forum, this is THE forum to be on, sure hope to see some pics of 'old Chisel' once you started resto work on her. Also, what plans you got for your $40 FE?

Regards ...... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
Chisel

Flame Trees

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2006, 09:38:44 PM »

Thanks for the welcome. I got the FE sedan from an old Chrysler dealership not long after I bought the first FC ute. It was in very poor condition as it had been in his back yard for about 20 years. Lots of rust in the floor and boot area. The roof had another car sitting on top of it!!! But all the windows and front doors are good. The reason I got it was to salvage the subframe from it as the ute's frame had significant rust in it. The dash board and instruments were also in good condition as to were the "Special' badges. So basically the FE is for spares. I will organise some photos to be posted as I am going to keep a photographic chronology during the long restoration process...... God give me strength!!!!!
Regards.....
steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2006, 12:00:26 AM »

Welcome to the site go chisel go Smiley
Cheers
Deano.

FE and FC"S rule.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print