FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 06, 2024, 11:39:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fc cool  (Read 1763 times)
steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« on: February 02, 2006, 05:48:51 AM »

Being new to the forum ive been reading with great interest the front yard resto fc cools car,can fc cool or any body else tell me how it all went.
The photos and story just stopped,i hope it all had a good outcome.
Deano.

FE and FC"S rule.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 12:17:59 PM »

Deano.
The progress continues. The photos are posted as something new happens. The photos stop due to a lack of progress. Come on Leon, wheres an update.
Regards
Alex

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 09:00:53 AM »

I will stick up some pictures on sunday night,  around 10.00 pm.
As Alex says the pics stop when progress is slow and I keep getting a s&%tload of dramas holding me up.
I actually try to put in a hour each weekday, while also supervising my crazy kids while my wife works at night.
on weekends it gets way too hot through the middle of the day or it rains, I have found the great outdoors not to be the place to build a car, especailly not one requiring this much rust work.
At first it was going to have the major rust welded up and bondo the rest (sounds like ive been watching to many foxtel build ups) the motor was going to get a quick go over and some custom body work.
I have now gone pretty much as far as you can go with a cast iron headed street motor and now have a problem were the supercharger I bought in the first place is way too small for the motor.
Very crazy idea at this stage but I entered again in the nationals.
I was going to take 2 weeks holidays to go all out flat out on it but then as with everything there was a problem. late last year we were changed from weekly to fortnightly pay, we were paid 1 week advance and now I find out that they took the one week advance out of our holidays wich leaves me 1 week to do the pretty much the whole lot.
Last time I tried this it rained for about 90% of the time I took off so now I have to prepare for bad weather, build a workshop out of tarps wich I hope wont be too humid, humidity has been real bad latelt and is not what I want to be working flat out with let alone it's affects on filler, primer and paint.
I also have a mig that requires more mainanance than the time I get to actually weld with it and everything turns to rust here over night.
Day light savings is ok but I have to finnish up by 8pm and 6 pm sundays or my neighbours are straight on the phone to the police and council.
99% of the time I am doing everything my self and just trying trial fit a door can be a time consuming effort, I have just got my engine back again from the shop and its stuck in the boot as now with the crank in its got too heavy for me to pick up. my wife has taken it shopping, the plates on on my ford LTD say 186, little do people know its really got a 208 in it.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 12:59:18 AM »

Go Leon Go im going to the nationals albeit with out an fc cos im hunting for my next project.
Regards
Deano. Smiley

FE and FC"S rule.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: