FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:37:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fe/fc ute into van question  (Read 2757 times)
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« on: January 18, 2006, 12:54:20 PM »

Hi all, just wanting to know if it is at all possible to turn a fe/fc ute into a van, if you had a van top rear section?
If so, does anyone know of some pics I could get a hold of to check out, or talk to someone who has done it?
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 01:53:07 PM »

i just sold my van roof but yes you can as long as you get whole van roof from windscreen to tailgates as the ute roof has to go ,and you will need the van top and bottom tailgates as the ute has different tailgate.you will also need wagon or van or sedan front doors as they are square in window frame and ute has rounded door window frames.
cheers Nick

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:27:49 PM »

Moon,

you could but.. why??

in the shed
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2006, 12:07:21 AM »

I'm with Ed.  Why?  It would be massively cheaper and easier to sell your ute, source a van and be done with it.

Or you could make a canopy... Smiley

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 08:53:38 AM »

HI Moon,
as with all mods it will cost but as with all cars the Question always has one answer
why not.
               its actually easier from what i can see to convert a wagon.also a canopy is no where near as cool as a windowless van hahaha
               But  yes it can be done and if you are handy with a mig welder and have access to the needed parts then you might be able to do it with out spending too much,
               Its harder to weld in new subframes and put suicide hinges in ,than it is to change whole roof.but unless you have a van roof with windowless sides then its probably not worth it.
cheers Nick   Grin Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 08:56:57 AM by nicko » Logged

Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 12:08:36 PM »

Thanks for the feedback guys, & nicko, that's just the kind of thinking I like, "the Question always has one answer  
why not."  Wink Grin
Hey Ed, as to why? I didn't say I was going to do it ( just yet anyway! ) I was just wanting to find out if it was possible.
Anyway, thanks again guys!  Smiley
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 09:27:43 PM »

Hey Moon,

I'm all for modfying things, but sometimes the time, effort and $$ spent on the modification may not yield a greater or better result than what is already available.

my little rule before I ever modify anything is.

Why?

sounds silly but this one question can save yourself alot of grief.

Welcome to the site, enjoy

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: