FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 04:36:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FB Fuel Tank Capacity  (Read 5467 times)
row1

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2006, 12:38:38 PM »

Huh Hey every1, this is my first post. lol. I'm 17 years of age, well 18 this year and I've just brought myself a 1960 FB HOLDEN SPECIAL! lol Its bloody awesome as, I love it lol  Grin Cheesy Smiley Cool. Its a fixer upper,  its been sitting in a paddock for the last 5 years or something, and has started to rust out and what not. So Dad and I are going to make the old girl a tough machine. Restore it.

Its missing its fuel tank, I was just wondering would anyone be able to tell me the fuel capacity of an FB's Fuel tank.

I'm planning on putting a worked 350 under the bonnet, and being a V8 it'll be pretty slurpy on the petrol. I'm just wondering how big the standard tank is... if its big enough, good and well but if not, you know i dont want to be stopping to fuel up every 30kms.

If its not real big, I guess a drop tank is the way to go.

Anywho

Let me know!

Cheers

-- Row1

FB's ROCK
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 01:03:18 PM »

Hey row1.
Welcome to the forum.
The FB tank is the same size as the FE/FC tank at 9 gallons - 36 litres.....kinda small for a V8.
Good luck with the rebuild.
Regards
Alex

row1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 01:06:55 PM »

Thanks!

hmmmm, How would I go sticking say a HQ holden's fuel tank in? Would it fit... Is it legal?

Has anyone previously done this mod? If so what tank ddi you put in
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 01:08:17 PM by row1 » Logged

FB's ROCK
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 01:07:58 PM »

hi mate. im 15 this year, so its good to see another younger person getting into old holdens.

we (me, and the old man) own an fc holden with a pretty hot 350, and the next thing to do wil be change the fuel tank.

it has the original one in it, and its an absolute pain, carrying petrol in a jerry can in the boot seems to be the way to go with a v8 and a original tank Smiley

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
row1

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 01:10:39 PM »

Well that certianly does suck.

And yes, I know what you mean, everyone these days seems to be into the rice burners...

:-/

Nothing beats a tuff old car

Its going to need a bigger tank, but not keen on the drop tank, dont really like how they look.

not what i want for my car anyways

FB's ROCK
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 03:22:52 AM »

G'day row1 and welcome.
Although most blokes here know a lot about all old holdens, there are some like myself who only know their way around an FE or FC.

All the FB/EK gurus hang out here - http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/index.php

if you need to ask more FB/EK questions.

They were off to a slow start, but it looks like people have heard and the site is getting busier and busier.

In saying that feel free to ask general early holden questions, just don't be surprised if you get little or no response to FB/EK questions.

Good luck with the project.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 03:39:49 AM by stinky » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: