FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 08, 2024, 03:48:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: BLOWN FC'S LATEST PICS.  (Read 4885 times)
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« on: January 13, 2006, 12:40:42 AM »

This thing is looking bloody gorjuss!! ill post up the pics, Mark can do the details Smiley Smiley

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 12:53:24 AM »

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2006, 12:53:49 AM »

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2006, 12:54:09 AM »

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2006, 12:55:41 AM »

craiga
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2006, 01:50:06 AM »

Looks real trick Mark, and very close to completion.

Should be finished this weekend hey  Wink

Keep at it mate, its going to be gorjuss when its done!!

Cheers,

Craig.
Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 04:14:07 AM »

Thanks Torque for posting the pics...!

Craig, This weekend hey ?   What time ya coming over ?

For the details......not much to say that you can;t see in the pics, other than to say,

The SPECIAL rear quarter badges are 2nd Hand from the NOS warehouse guys......VERY HAPPY !

Horn Button looks great in the photo, but about 90% in real life.  I found the best button I could ( centre logo )...wasn't worried about the red paint, just as long as you have a good centre logo....then I just acetoned teh red paint off ( Nail Polish Remover ), and raided the wifes bathroom cabinet for some metal flecky type bright red nail polish.......did the job real well.
Not 100% but didn;t cost me $300 either !

As you can tell by the dashboard pic...it's not actually connected ( do the wires hanging down give that away ? ).  I just hung it on along with the steering wheel for the photo, as Torque has been driving me crazy after pics ( LOL ).

All the doors should be finished off with glass ect pretty soon, but still hunting for a good set of door handles and even scratch plates before I finish the doors completely.

Thanks again Torque for posting the pics...I'll owe you  a beer of 5 !

Cheers

Mark
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 04:21:14 AM »

It's looking good Mark, are mags or stockies going on?
Do you have any close-ups of the Horn Button? The one I have is pretty good apart from the red paint too.

Blown_FC

FC Holdens & Mini Coopers....Cars of the Century

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2006, 04:28:56 AM »

Stinky, I haven't taken a real close up of the horn button yet, but this is what I did.

Find a good centred horn button ( you already have one ).
Use a paint stripper or acetone and dip a rag into it, and carefully dab and wipe the red paint off.  This is to avoid stripping any of the good GOLD and BLUE paint in the centre of the button.
When the red paint is gone is will leave the plastic looking cloudy...don;t panic !    When you apply the nail polish, it will look the goods.

When happy with the look.....let it dry and paint the inside of the button with a silver or chrome paint !

As far as colour of nail polish goes, I just grabbed what I could find at it looked good.

Just take your button into a chemist and look at the nail polish counter, and I'm sure you'll get the girls talking !

Seriously though...just a good glossy metal flecky looking bright but sort of deep red, and you'll be right !

Took me all of about an hour or so to do the whole thing ! ( allowing for drying time of course ).

TAYZ
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2006, 12:15:01 PM »

mark,
          Congratulations on your FC it is looking sensational!!!!!  Im sure we all wish we could accomplish a goal like you have and when the work is done all the dividends will pay off when you drive it around WA (Fremantle is my favourite place) again congrats and looks bloody great!!
                                                            TAYZ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: