FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 01, 2024, 05:41:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: mini's van project FINALLY starts  (Read 6736 times)
minifcvan
« on: January 09, 2006, 05:47:05 AM »

hi guys,
            ive finally started building the van.Ive sent a sub frame to be sandblasted and various front end parts which I'll be picking up tomorrow the 9/1/06. when i got the van it was suppose to be RUST free but i found some at the front of the left hand sill.I will be putting a rb30 (vl commodore motor) in it with a 5 speed. I got some brakes from HOPPER STOPPERS they are 290mm xr8 brakes with hq stud pattern. anyway heres some pictures.                                                                                      
minifcvan
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 05:48:11 AM »

heres the rust ive got to fix
minifcvan
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 05:49:45 AM »

my cross member (hadfield)
minifcvan
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 05:50:53 AM »

and the van
sorry about the photos im using a camera phone  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 05:52:41 AM by minifcvan » Logged
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 06:05:11 AM »

its good to see your working on the van atlast mark-now what are you doing reading this? get back to work!!

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 06:11:42 AM »

Mark, in three words .... ABOUT BLOODY TIME!!! Wink I've been wondering since I saw it at your place in September when we were going to hear of the latest progress with the van. Can't wait to see the end result, stay motorvated. Smiley

By the way, here's some food for thought for you .... http://www.fefcholden.org.au/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=hotup;action=display;num=1135945773

Regards ...... Pete
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 06:15:26 AM by SaucerfulOfSecrets » Logged

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 11:10:11 AM »

Nice lookin van as it is mini. Did that one come from up the gold coast way?
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2006, 10:05:26 AM »

;)About time you pulled the finger out,as you havent any excuses now,im hoping next time im up there i,ll be able to go for a spin,keep the pics coming,as im keen to see how it all works out!!!cheers jamie Wink
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 12:01:12 PM »

Progressing nicely.
Thanks for the update.
Regards
Alex

TAYZ
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2006, 12:18:06 PM »

Great stuff Mini, good to see you are progressing with the VL running gear as you had all the good bits!!   I have spoken to a lot of TOG coppers and they all say the VL pursuit car was the best car to this day.....   so is a turbo in the works for it?Huh    Cheers

TAYZ
minifcvan
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 03:15:33 AM »

hi guys ,the van came from colliambally(i think thats how you spell it) in the riverina near griffith. pete ive been keeping an eye on that topic but have kept my lips closed  Lips sealed  Lips sealed as that was the guy who offered me not much money for my conversion that time and i said them RUDE words to him.and got them taken off. ANYWAY ive just got back from wagga with my crossmember and wishbones back from the powdercoaters they look excelent.so im off to the shed to do some drooling. when i get my camera back i'll take some more pics Grin Grin Grin Grin
see ya's mark
minifcvan
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2006, 04:08:56 AM »

Well the drive line for my van has FINALLY been decided it will be running a 307 chev with 350 internals aswell as a turbo 400 and a shotened 10 bolt diff with rack and pinnion up front. so i hope to have a few pictures soon cheers mark
minifcvan
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 01:07:44 AM »

hi all,
         finally got my subframe back (will get a picture today) and here is my bonnet (thanks to harko and his dad). i have just got my v8 hadfield cross member back from the powder coaters and am in the process of putting it back together. Finally ive had a bit of progress after waiting for trades people for so long..

cheers mark
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 01:12:07 AM by minifcvan » Logged
minifcvan
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 03:04:47 AM »

and my subframe (bit dusty from one of our many dust storms lately)
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 06:32:29 AM »

Thanks for the update mini.
Harko snr does a good job on those louvres, looks great.
Regards
Alex

FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 07:10:22 AM »

aBOUT TIME YOU PULLED YOUR FINGER OUT AND DONE SOMETHING ON THE VAN
CHEERS FAT

fatboy
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2007, 02:57:05 AM »

Hey Mini,

I have the front mounted rack from the hadfield shop in mine, and to say that I am dissapointed is an understatement. Scrubs boths sides of the tyres... Last set got under 15,000k out of them. Turning circle is bigger that the QE2... I can't get round a standard court without reversing and having another go. U-turns... Forget they existed, better turning down the next street and into a driveway.

I am looking a Rods Racks and when i get the coin together will be replacing the set up.

Don't want to dim the flame, just what i am experiencing.

Give me a call if you want, I am happy to discuss it with anyone.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: