FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:18:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Firewall to Skirt sealer?  (Read 2356 times)
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« on: July 03, 2002, 09:47:52 PM »

Hi,

I have seen on a FE ute, a bead of mastik type sealer used where the firewall meets ths skirts in the engine bay.

Was told it was factory, and it seems like a good idea to keep out dust and moisture.

Was it a dealer option of "rust proofing", as the under side of the car was coated in waxy coating as well?

I havent seen it on many other vehicles.

Which body sealer would be the best to use to seal the gap between the firewall and skirt?

thanks

Ed

in the shed
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2002, 03:48:33 AM »

G'day
Sikaflex make many a mastic and sealer, I have used the version which is much the same stuff GM use now to glue the dash etc into the new cars. This not only seals the joints from moisture but also helps eliminate squeaks and rattles and improves the overall strength. I purchased it from Actrol Parts, they are a refrigeration wholesaler, I would assume it would be available from must automotive panel beating suppliers.
John.M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: