FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:39:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: fe special sedan wrecking  (Read 5857 times)
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2006, 06:03:22 AM »

I am currently wrecking a fe special sedan  It has a 186 red motor, red gearbox [Crunch] , hr front end with red mounts and eh snout, ek electric wipers and is nearly  complete. I can be contacted on 0402 814044 or Pm me.
I'm in Capalaba Brisbane

Mick
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 03:21:53 AM »

hey bloke i'm in strathpine and wouldn't mind a look to see what else i could grab....... whatchya want for the front crossmember? does it have discs?

FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 08:49:48 AM »

Hi nes138
I've sent you a PM Wink
Cheers Mick
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:44:19 AM »

you able to post a pick?

FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2006, 07:17:07 AM »

There isn't much left to take a photo of as at this point in time I've stripped it down to a bare shell on wheels. On the weekend the shell will be sitting on the ground[ minus everything. At the moment  I'm trying to work out how to post photos via RETS instructions and may attempt to post some photos on the weekend
Cheers Mick
Martin

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2006, 01:29:50 PM »

Maybe I'm getting too old and conservative, but I think it's just plain good manners to address people by their names.

In the first post on this thread FE_STD_WAGON signed off by his name, Mick.

nes138 addressed Mick with the words "Hey Bloke ..."  In my opinion this is lacking in courtesy, and Nes138, I'd ask that you (and a few other contributors) show a bit of respect by addressing people by their names.

My 2 bob's worth.

Martin
« Last Edit: January 14, 2006, 01:30:30 PM by lewis1411 » Logged

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 12:39:24 PM »

Hi Mick, just wondering if you would happen to have some complete indicators from off the guards on the old beast. If so, how much? I would be interested in 'em.
let me know, cheers!
FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 05:25:33 AM »

Hi Moon
Yes I do have 2 complete front indicators in above average condition I am presuming you mean the fronts.
I'm asking $30.00 each . let me know what you think.
Where abouts are you?

Cheers Mick
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 06:07:08 AM »

MARTIN,
          Maybe it is the age as I’m only 25 but I never meant any disrespect by "HEY BLOKE" I work for the defence force where older, more senior members with high rank demand respect but I still address them as bloke or mate (except in formal situations). I am just showing the AUSTRALIAN WAY. I have a lot of respect for older things and people (that’s why I have an FC) and I even get the poos the way teenagers think they know everything. I am one of the most courteous defence members serving according to my annual evaluation reports.
As far as MICK goes, he has PM'd me and not said anything about it so I don't think there is a problem here. I personally don’t like using my name here as I haven't really met any of you.
MARTIN, you obviously haven't met me and have different ideals about respect. But this is a free country and I admire the way you spoke your mind. I'm not here for a fight just to keep an old Holden alive.

I don't believe I was showing disrespect and have other things to worry about in my short time on Earth... but that’s my opinion

nes138

FC_Driver
nsw-club

We Love our FC...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 07:56:16 AM »

Hi nes138,
What is Australian these days ?
We all seem to be "guys". (Both sexes) a term I try very hard not to use.
Bloke or mate are very Australian but "Hay bloke" dosn't have the same ring as "Hay Mate"
At least FE or FC has a real Australian ring to it.....
Now how did we get to this point wasn't someone wrecking a FE....now that is sad....another one bites the dust
FC_Driver
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2006, 03:33:44 AM »

FC _Driver,
          It’s like a Victorian coming up to me and saying "that’s grouse" what the hell is that any way. Because people north of you guys (even NSW) have a slightly different lingo you crucify us. If you've ever been to the Northern Territory (more than a holiday) I guarantee you'll be saying bloke too. No wonder Cronulla ended up a mess.
I feel sorry for the poor bloke on this forum site who had his coffin nailed because he spoke of a limited edition Commodore being released in NZ. You guys keep on whinging about the young BLOKES and your FC culture will certainly die. Even my 70 year old grandmother couldn't believe "hey Bloke" would annoy any one.
FC Driver, I think "hey bloke" has a ring to it. Crucify me too? It’s a free country.

Martin, still think I'm disrespectful for the way I chat to people I don't know?

I wanted to become a member this month but it doesn't sound too welcoming. I think I'm grateful that no one here in QLD has worried about this. Because there is a generation gap you think I’m not courteous?

Both MY grandparents think I'm courteous (or they want to ride the FC) so maybe it’s a state thing.

Or a combination. Maybe some people should relax a little.
Like I said before, I wasn't showing disrespect but if any one else disagrees spit your dummy too. It’s a free country.
nes138

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 04:31:18 AM »

Enough's enough.

Personally, I didn't think nes138's initial "Hey Bloke" post was offensive, and I don't think FC_Driver was having a go either.  For all I know "Hey Bloke" is common idiom north of the Tweed.

Maybe we can just leave this thread to the people interested in picking over the carcass of Mick's wreck and have a debate about slang and protocol over a beer at Phillip Island.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
NES304
Guru

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 12:31:38 PM »

Roger that Captain......
Apologies to Mick for chewing up his poll

FE_STD_WAGON
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!