FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 04:28:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Which sealed beam headlights to buy???  (Read 2095 times)
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2005, 07:37:33 PM »

Hi everyone

Following on from the recent discussion at “Help! How to Install Half Moon Headlamp Covers??” I am about to purchase a pair of sealed beam headlights.  From memory, there are several manufacturers and models available.  Has anyone any experience in selecting sealed beams based on their performance (i.e. some have a yellow light and others a while light and with some the light penetrates further than others)?  If so, which ones would you recommend using?

All advice greatly appreciated

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
bent8-58

The older it gets-the slower it was!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 10:57:36 PM »

Gaday Chuck,
Isnt it annoying when the simplest of jobs turn into a major pain in the arse? l came across the same problem & solved it at the Toowoomba swap meet year before last. l accidently stumbled upon a pair of halogen semi-sealed headlights with a slightly curved glass.Semi-sealed simply means the bulbs are replaceable(only way to go with the huge array of bulbs available nowadays) They arent as strongly curved as the original headlights but for the difference in light output l cant see it keeping me awake at night!
Unfortunately the bad news is theres no name on the glass at all,but all you need is a keen eye & a bit of luck finding them,theres always a few sites at swap meets with a plastic crate full of headlights,happy hunting!
                                                       Daz

I LOVE CATS.....BUT I CANT EAT A WHOLE ONE BY MYSELF.
Chuck

Finished!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2005, 05:33:37 AM »

Hi Daz

The lights you have described sound like H4 conversion units.  I would like to use these but as I intend to use Moon headlamp covers I would prefer to keep to the sealed beam units (on account that there will be no gap between the front of the glass and the cover).

Chuck

“So yes it has changed my life.  I can remember when I had a wife, a mortgage and a dog; I don’t have any 3 of those things any longer…”  Dr Gregory W Frazier
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: