FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 28, 2024, 11:29:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Help! How to Install Half Moon Headlamp Covers??  (Read 5890 times)
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

Model: FC

getting there...

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2005, 06:54:17 AM »

Hi guys,

I have recently (about 40 minutes ago) purchased a set of Rares' 7.5 inch half moon headlamp covers.

This may seem a silly question, but how do they fit? I have taken off the chrome headlamp bezels, but there is nowhere for the moons to fit snugly without falling off.  :-/

Do headlights factor into this? Quite a while ago I swapped my convex glass Lucas lights for H4 halogen flat glass lights. I was thinking that the covers fit flush against the convex glass, thus not falling out.  

Surely others have encountered this problem, and have remedied it. I really don't want to take them back, as have wanted a pair for years!  Sad

Is there some kind of method to fitting them?

Please help. Any advice is good advice  Smiley

Regards,

Ol_Girl_58
fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 08:33:31 AM »

take off the chrome surround,

undo the two top screws and loosen the bottom one on the stainless retaining ring around the headlight and let the top of the stainless bit sit forward a inch.

place the headlight cover on the headlight and locate the two holes up the top with the dimples on the glass.

push the stainless ring back and do up the screws.

put the headlight surround back on.
if thats not clear enough let me know, I am not 100% sure that that is were the screws are.

they dont fit on the flat h4's
« Last Edit: December 16, 2005, 08:39:46 AM by fccool59 » Logged

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2005, 12:37:52 PM »

Thanks for that Leon.  Grin

I just came back from visiting a hot rod guy, who said the same thing: they won't fit on flat H4s.

The thing to do is to purchase some convex quartz halogen lights. What would be the better brand to purchase? I changed all the connections from the old headlamp to the new 'male / female' plugs to fit halogens, so they would need that connection (bear with me on my descriptions, as I'm not too technically minded).

He said a good fit were off the shelf 7 inch XC Falcon ( Roll Eyes) headlights (not to be confused with the square lights of the GXL).

Any advice?

regards,

Ol_Girl

fccool59

rain sucks     http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v =N1Uj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2005, 07:40:19 PM »

there isn't a particular headlight for xc falcons, there are two kinds of 7" sealed beams, ones for seperate parkers and ones for intergrated.
the difference is a little round window of clear patch on the back for the parker to shine through.
I got mine from a wrecker , one was in a ke30 corolla and the other in a HQ and were about $5.
if I was going new I would probably get something like Lucas but main thing I guess is that you just get a matching pair.

rain sucks  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Ujma1lBac    rain sucks     rain sucks
nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2005, 10:27:05 PM »

mate if you want to really add the cool factor and have bright headlights as good as the H4's then on ebay someone sells the 7inch crystal or (diamond)headlights sorry cant remember the exact name but always on ebay.

TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 01:27:16 AM »

the headlights that nicko is talking about look shtit hot! the globe in the headlight is more of a crystal, and all around it is very...well i dont know how to explain it! they are in my mates gold fc ! and they stand out like hell

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 02:30:28 AM »

they look like this !!!!!!!!!!
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2005, 11:09:49 PM »

Thanks guys,

I know the ones you are talking about. They look VERY cool. However, although I could be wrong (Wink), I'm pretty sure they are one-piece flat glassed lights.

The flat glassed lights have a flat square of glass on each upper-side of the light which makes it impossible for moon covers to go on.

The next question goes out to the guys (and girls!) running moon covers on their FC:

What kind of headlights do you have installed? I am very interested to know.

Thanks heaps,

Ol Girl 58  
TorqueFC
Guru

Modified?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 02:04:44 AM »

we have em on our fc ute, it has bosch headlights in it, i believe they will fit in all headlights that holden produced, but i am not 100% sure abbout sealed beams. in about half an hour i am going to be attempting to fit them to sealed beams, so i will let you know

tests have proven that the final words before a fatal urban car crash are "OH ****"

in a rural car crash they are " Hold my stubby and watch this for skill!"
-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 08:17:45 AM »

brainwave !!!!!!!!

could you not secure them to the headlight lens using clear silicone or rtv Huh?
just a thought

that hurt
back to sleep thats sleep not sheep!
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 08:45:05 AM »

I have a pair of these headlamps also (not fitted) but just had a look at them and they do have a slight convex shape to them.
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 10:27:19 AM »

;)mmm i have these fitted to both my fe and fc ,my fc has lucas original type head lights  and my fe has bosch,these moon covers are only designed to be fitted to these type of headlights as when you are fitting them you will find that it is the shape of the glass and the headlight rim that holds them into place,to put them on h4 headlights would look stupid as you find you will have a rather large cavity with nothing in it!!these moon visors will also fit on your run of the mill sealed beam units aswell, i dont think they would look any good to fit em on h4,s or flat type lights,thats my 2 bobs worth!!jamie Wink
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 10:51:23 AM »

;)i was just on ebay and noticed that there is a guy selling 2 sets of sealed beam headlamps at it looks like $10 a pair brand new!!! that is a very good price even with postage they are still quite cheap as they dont weigh much!!and they will fit fe-fc,s......
Ol_Girl_58
tas-club

getting there...

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2005, 04:59:22 AM »

Thanks for your help guys.

Jamie, you are right, I dummied up the moons against the H4's, and they look try-hard stupid, like when you see VN Commodores with VT bodykits.

Anyhow, I'm going to purchase some sealed beam lights. All this just to look cool  Cool

Regards,

Ol_Girl_58
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: