FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:30:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mixing "Hialeah Green"  (Read 2938 times)
Ute-opia

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2002, 11:30:41 PM »

I've decided on an original FC colour for my 1959 ute (not an original ute colour, but that's only because I wasn't around to lobby for it back then).
I went to PPG and recorded the tints used but they're no longer available.  Has anyone mixed a very convincing, high gloss "Hialeah Green" of late?  Any tips for the mixture.  "Ken" from Hoppers Crossing said he had original swatches for sight matching but I can't find his e-mail address; anyone know it?

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
craiga
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2002, 04:31:27 AM »

I have the original swatch for Hialeah Green.

Here's a copy

Your browser/monitor will not show you the exact colour but it will be fairly close. You can paint an FE Ute any original FE FC Colour you like at http://www.fefcholden.org.au/techinfo/painter/Flash/fe_ute.html

Someone else will confirm here but to my knowledge Holden did not produce bucket seats until EJ Premier. All models previous to this were bench.

Wife 1 - Husband 0  Wink

Ken is available in the user list, user name MCL1959.

Good Luck,

Craig.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2002, 04:41:04 AM by craiga » Logged
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2002, 05:35:13 AM »

Actually, the Ute Painter tool has all the FC colours, but in fact the utes were only available in a very limited number of these.  Do a search in these forums for a thread called something like "FC Colours", where Ken listed the complete range of valid ute colour options.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Ute-opia

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2002, 09:05:23 PM »

Thanks guys.  I'll try out the ute-painter this morning.  I'll print the paint chip and formula and hand pass to my panel beater.  I've got Ken's mind-bogglingly accurate inventory of ute colours.......as I was the original asker of the question.

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
Ute-opia

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2002, 10:01:46 PM »

....the penny has just dropped......you're saying that "Ken from Hoppers Crossing" is "The Ken"?  The "Ken" who said he had all the colour swatches in Hoppers Crossing was signed into the site as a "Guest" that day.  That's great news then.  

Hey, are there any pristine, original examples of FC utes around Melbourne that could be viewed?  Dealerships, museums, private owners???

howie mcquarrie
howie@regcap.com
(m) 040404-44-33
(h) 03-9646-1884
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: