FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:26:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: A special request to Vic HD/HR Club Members  (Read 3317 times)
20.4_seconds

The ox is slow, but the earth is patient!

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2005, 10:46:10 AM »

Hey Guys,
A bit off topic but I couldn't really find anywhere else with mass exposure to those of you in the Vic club or to those of you who know some of the members and can direct them to this message.
As you are aware one of your members passed away in Feb this year, the very special bloke "Adam Roach"
Well Adam left his HR panel van to his partners younger brother (Chris Kelly) in the hope that one day he would finish his beloved project. He's a young fella who wants to do it up, he just needs a bit of a push along...to get him going...Chris is my cousin of sorts(long story Wink) and I am very close to the family.
SO
I would like to try organise a sort of working bee on this van sometime in late January in memory of Adam of sorts.
I spent all of today working on the van. It's running quite ok but it needs someone to have a look at a few things
The breaks are pulling badly to the left and need inspecting from someone who know's HR's and advise on  or fix them , two mechanics have failed to rectify it.
It needs welch plugs refitted and a good tune up

The steering has so much free play in it that it must be a knuckle? But I don't know for sure Roll Eyes

Bodywork needs some fixing and some new rubbers fitted and it also needs one bumperette(not sure what side Huh yet)

The thing that got me in to action is that I drove this van today( Yes its got a RWC!) and shit my pants...it's a shocker with the breaks and steering....so bad..
Chris drives to work everyday.... Embarrassed
Now I know that you guys are all busy and I'm just putting the idea out there so that maybe you can bring it up at your next meeting and decide then
....Oh this is a suprise for Chris and Leah so mums the word....

If its a goer I can then organise what parts may be needed and try to source them...
Thanks for your time guys and let us know
Nick
« Last Edit: November 25, 2005, 10:51:23 AM by 20.4_seconds » Logged

All I  want for Christmas is a Smiths clock bracket and knurled knobs
Motörhead

D-Generation X

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 11:06:04 AM »

Heya there Nick

Email Gary Thorpe (HD-HR Club secretary or president, I can't remember) at gthr1967@bigpond.net.au, I reckon he'd be your best bet to help organise a working bee. I've met him before and he seems to be an OK sort of bloke.

Cheers ...... Pete

The Quiet One
The Cynical One
The Dark One
TAYZ
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 11:12:17 AM »

I'm useless Nicko, BUT i will lend a hand any day to help out someone who needs a hand with there ol holden, just let me know where and when .....  cheers

TAYZ
fe hotrod

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 08:27:38 AM »

;)i kind off cut my teeth on HRs so i know them in and out,plus if its for a worthy cause,which it is!!! i,ll donate my time as long as im free that weekend,i,ll be there with whatever gear is needed,maybe we could get some one to have a good look and see what is needed first,and i will approach my club(lions pride holden car club of victoria)to see if we can get some parts donated,as there are a few HR nuts in the club,i will see what i can do!!so count me in nick.... Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: